- Scope and Contents
The collection includes 34 charcoal set design sketches by Albert M. Pyke of scenes from the film Mourning Becomes Electra, produced and directed by Dudley Nichols. The drawings, dating from circa 1947, are on mountings measuring 35 3/4" x 29 3/4" and smaller. Each drawing has a title label which reads: "Dudley Nichols Production of Eugene O'Neill's Mourning Becomes Electra [title of drawing] William E. Flannery, Art Director.
- Conditions Governing Access
The materials are open for research.
- Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Dudley Nichols, 1947.
The drawings are arranged in the order in which they were initially inventoried by the library.
- circa 1947
- 0.33 Linear Feet (34 broadside folders)
- Related Names
- Pyke, Albert M., 1897-1978
- O'Neill, Eugene, 1888-1953 ($t: Mourning becomes Electra)
- Language of Materials