Scope and Contents
- circa 1905-2016
Conditions Governing Access
Boxes 25, 34, 41, 53, 61, 64, 80-81, and 96-97 (audiovisual materials): Restricted fragile material. Reference copies may be requested. Consult Access Services for further information.
Boxes 54, 73, 82 (computer disks): Restricted fragile material. Reference copies of electronic files may be requested. Consult Access Services for further information.
Conditions Governing Use
Immediate Source of Acquisition
80.02 Linear Feet (98 boxes)
Language of Materials
Edmund White (1940- )
The finding aid for this collection is compiled from individual preliminary lists for each acquisition that were created at or around the time of receipt by the library. The preliminary lists were migrated to comply with current archival descriptive standards and merged into a single file in 2007-2008. As part of the migration, modifications were made to the formatting of individual lists; however, the content of the lists was neither modified nor verified.
As a rule, descriptive information found in the Collection Contents section is drawn in large part from information supplied with the collection and from an initial survey of the contents. Folder titles appearing in the contents list below are often based on those provided by the creator or previous custodian. Titles have not been verified against the contents of the folders in all cases. Otherwise, folder titles are supplied by staff during initial processing.
Former call numbers: Uncat MSS 23, Uncat MSS 124, Uncat ZA MS 190, Uncat MSS 198, Uncat MSS 203, Uncat ZA MS 240, Uncat ZA MS 287, Uncat ZA MS 292, Uncat ZA MS 308, Uncat ZA MS 405, Uncat ZA MS 416, Uncat ZA MS 439, Uncat ZA MS 465, Uncat ZA MS 520, Uncat MSS 560, Uncat ZA MS 577, Uncat ZA MS 590, Uncat MSS 735, Uncat MSS 778, Uncat MSS 913, Uncat Mss 999, Uncat Za File 336, Uncat Za File 372.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- American literature -- 20th century
- Audiocassettes -- United States -- 20th Century
- Audiovisual materials -- United States -- 20th Century
- Authors -- United States -- 20th Century
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives
- Born digital
- Corn, Alfred, 1943-
- Cox, Christopher, 1949-1990
- LGBTQ resource
- McClatchy, J. D., 1945-2018
- Merrill, James, 1926-1995
- Negatives (photographic) -- United States -- 20th Century
- Photographic prints -- United States -- 20th Century
- Photographs -- United States -- 20th Century
- Videocassettes -- United States -- 20th Century
- Violet Quill (Group of writers)
- White, Edmund, 1940-
- Guide to the Edmund White Papers
- Under Revision
- by Beinecke staff
- 2007-05-16. Revised: October 2022.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library Repository
P. O. Box 208330
New Haven CT 06520-8330 US
121 Wall Street
New Haven, CT 06511
The Beinecke Library is open to all Yale University students and faculty, and visiting researchers whose work requires use of its special collections. You will need to bring appropriate photo ID the first time you register. Beinecke is a non-circulating, closed stack library. Paging is done by library staff during business hours. You can request collection material online at least two business days in advance of your visit, using the request links in Archives at Yale. For more information, please see Planning Your Research Visit and consult the Reading Room Policies prior to visiting the library.