Scope and Contents
Conditions Governing Access
Box 70 contains record album storage. Restricted fragile material. Reference copies may be requested. Consult Access Services for further information.
Conditions Governing Use
Immediate Source of Acquisition
60 Linear Feet ((69 boxes) + 1 record album storage)
Language of Materials
Mary Kennedy (1896-1987)
On June 11, 1921, Kennedy married the American composer Joseph Deems Taylor (1885-1966); their daughter Joan Kennedy Taylor was born in 1926 and the couple divorced in 1934. Mary Kennedy studied at Radcliffe College (1943-1945) and Columbia University (1947-1949), and was awarded three fellowships at the Macdowell Colony. She died on April 24, 1987, in Norwalk, Connecticut.
The finding aid for this collection is compiled from a preliminary list created at the time of receipt by the library. The preliminary list was migrated to comply with current archival descriptive standards. As part of the migration, modifications were made to the formatting of the list; however, the content of the list was neither modified nor verified.
As a rule, descriptive information found in the Collection Contents section is drawn in large part from information supplied with the collection and from an initial survey of the contents. Folder titles appearing in the contents list below are often based on those provided by the creator or previous custodian. Titles have not been verified against the contents of the folders in all cases. Otherwise, folder titles are supplied by staff during initial processing.
Former call number: Uncat ZA MS 86.
- Actors -- United States
- Actors -- United States -- 20th Century
- Actresses -- United States
- Actresses -- United States -- 20th Century
- American literature -- 20th century
- American poetry -- 20th Century
- Audiovisual materials -- United States -- 20th Century
- Authors -- United States -- 20th Century
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives
- Barber, Samuel, 1910-1981
- Benét, Laura
- Buck, Pearl S. (Pearl Sydenstricker), 1892-1973
- Children's literature -- 20th Century
- Cornell, Katharine, 1893-1974
- Fontanne, Lynn, 1887-1983
- Genthe, Arnold, 1869-1942
- Gillmore, Margalo, 1897-1986
- Hayes, Helen, 1900-1993
- Incidental music -- Scores
- Kennedy, Foster, 1904-1985
- Kennedy, Mary, 1896-1987
- Kummer, Clare Beecher, 1886-1958
- Millay, Edna St. Vincent, 1892-1950
- Photographs -- United States -- 20th Century
- Rabinovitch, Ben Magid, 1884-1964
- Russell, Annie, 1864-1936
- Schlee, Valentina Sanina, 1899-1989
- Sound recordings -- United States -- 20th Century
- Steichen, Edward, 1879-1973
- Studio portraits -- United States -- 20th Century
- Taylor, Deems, 1885-1966
- Theater -- United States
- Young, Roland, 1887-1953
- Guide to the Mary Kennedy Papers
- by Beinecke Staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library Repository
P. O. Box 208330
New Haven CT 06520-8330 US
121 Wall Street
New Haven, CT 06511
The Beinecke Library is open to all Yale University students and faculty, and visiting researchers whose work requires use of its special collections. You will need to bring appropriate photo ID the first time you register. Beinecke is a non-circulating, closed stack library. Paging is done by library staff during business hours. You can request collection material online at least two business days in advance of your visit, using the request links in Archives at Yale. For more information, please see Planning Your Research Visit and consult the Reading Room Policies prior to visiting the library.