Norman Holmes Pearson Papers
Scope and Contents
- 1829 - 1983
- Majority of material found within 1930 - 1975
Conditions Governing Access
Boxes 227 and 333-336 (student records): Restricted until 2095.
Boxes 268-273 (microfilm): Restricted fragile material. Reference copies may be requested. Consult Access Services for further information.
Boxes 291-294 (audiovisual material): Restricted fragile material. Reference copies may be requested. Consult Access Services for further information.
Conditions Governing Use
Immediate Source of Acquisition
167.75 Linear Feet (342 boxes)
Language of Materials
A record for this collection is available in Orbis, the Yale University Library catalog
Norman Holmes Pearson (1909-1975)
Former call numbers: Za Pearson, Uncat Za Pearson, Za P3195 +1, and Za P3195 +2.
- American literature -- 19th century
- American literature -- 20th century
- Audiocassettes -- United States -- 20th Century
- Audiovisual materials -- United States -- 20th Century
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives
- Bryher, 1894-1983
- College teachers
- College teachers -- United States -- 20th Century
- Gallup, Donald, 1913-2000
- H. D. (Hilda Doolittle), 1886-1961
- Hawthorne, Nathaniel, 1804-1864
- Pearson, Norman Holmes, 1909-1975
- Photographs -- United States -- 20th Century
- Pound, Ezra, 1885-1972
- United States -- Study and teaching
- United States. Office of Strategic Services
- Videocassettes -- United States -- 20th Century
- Norman Holmes Pearson Papers
- by Beinecke staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library Repository
P. O. Box 208330
New Haven CT 06520-8330 US
121 Wall Street
New Haven, CT 06511
The Beinecke Library is open to all Yale University students and faculty, and visiting researchers whose work requires use of its special collections. You will need to bring appropriate photo ID the first time you register. Beinecke is a non-circulating, closed stack library. Paging is done by library staff during business hours. You can request collection material online at least two business days in advance of your visit, using the request links in Archives at Yale. For more information, please see Planning Your Research Visit and consult the Reading Room Policies prior to visiting the library.