D. H. Lawrence collection
Scope and Contents
Immediate Source of Acquisition
1.34 Linear Feet ((6 boxes) + 1 art object)
Language of Materials
D. H. Lawrence (1885-1930)
The collection is comprised of material formerly classed as MS Vault Shelves Lawrence, MS Vault Lawrence, Uncat MS Vault File, Uncat MS Vault 133, Uncat MS Vault 554.
The finding aid for this collection is partially compiled from individual catalog cards that were created at or around the time of receipt by the library. Information from the catalog cards was repurposed in the finding aid in accordance with current archival descriptive standards. Some catalog cards, copies of which are filed with the collection, include more detailed descriptions of individual items and/or provenance notes. Descriptions for items not represented by catalog cards were derived from accession records, folder labels, or other available descriptive material.
- Authors -- England -- 20th Century
- Authors, English -- 20th century
- Drawings (visual works) -- England -- 20th Century
- English literature -- 20th Century
- Europe -- Description and travel
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930
- Lawrence, Frieda, 1879-1956
- Mexico -- Description and travel
- New Mexico -- Description and travel
- Photographs -- 20th Century
- Guide to the D. H. Lawrence Collection
- Under Revision
- Beinecke Staff
- March 2014
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library Repository
P. O. Box 208330
New Haven CT 06520-8330 US
121 Wall Street
New Haven, CT 06511
The Beinecke Library is open to all Yale University students and faculty, and visiting researchers whose work requires use of its special collections. You will need to bring appropriate photo ID the first time you register. Beinecke is a non-circulating, closed stack library. Paging is done by library staff during business hours. You can request collection material online at least two business days in advance of your visit, using the request links in Archives at Yale. For more information, please see Planning Your Research Visit and consult the Reading Room Policies prior to visiting the library.