Peter Goin, Nuclear Landscapes: Portfolio of Forty-Four Photographs and Trinity Panorama
Scope and Contents
Portfolio of inkjet prints of photographs by Peter Goin that document nuclear test sites at Nevada Test Site, Nevada, and at Bikini Atoll and Enewetak Atoll in the Marshall Islands, as well as the radioactive waste repository at Hanford Site, Washington, circa 1986-1988. Printed by Scott C. Hinton in 2011. The portfolio includes a title page printed by Robert E. Blesse of the Black Rock Press. Most of the images appeared in Peter Goin, Nuclear Landscapes (Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 1991).
Limited edition of 3; Beinecke copy is no. 3.
- Goin, Peter, 1951- (Photographer)
- Blesse, Robert E. (Printer)
- Hinton, Scott C., 1974- (Printer)
- Black Rock Press (Printer)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The materials are open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The Peter Goin, Nuclear Landscapes, is the physical property of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. Literary rights, including copyright, belong to the authors or their legal heirs and assigns. For further information, consult the appropriate curator.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased from Peter Goin on the Frederick W. and Carrie S. Beinecke Fund for Western Americana, 2015.
0.25 Linear Feet (in 2 boxes (44 inkjet prints, 41 x 51 cm, and 1 inkjet print, 46 x 155 cm))
Portfolio of inkjet prints of photographs by Peter Goin that document nuclear test sites in Nevada and the Marshall Islands, as well as a and a radioactive waste repository in Washington, circa 1986-1988, and printed in 2011.
Peter Goin (born 1951)
Peter Goin is an American photographer known for his work within the altered landscape.
Scott C. Hinton (born 1974)
Scott C. Hinton is an American photographer and printer.
Robert E. Blesse (born 1946)
Robert E. Blesse is an American special collections librarian and director of the Black Rock Press of the University of Nevada, Reno, Library.
Information in this guide derived from a checklist accompanying the portfolio.
- Bikini Atoll (Marshall Islands) -- Pictorial works
- Black Rock Press
- Blesse, Robert E.
- Digital prints
- Enewetak Atoll (Marshall Islands) -- Pictorial works
- Goin, Peter, 1951-
- Hanford Site (Wash.) -- Pictorial works
- Hinton, Scott C., 1974-
- Inkjet prints
- Marshall Islands -- Pictorial works
- Nevada -- Pictorial works
- Nevada Test Site (Nev.) -- Pictorial works
- New Mexico -- Pictorial works
- Nuclear weapons -- Marshall Islands -- Testing -- Pictorial works
- Nuclear weapons -- Nevada -- Testing -- Pictorial works
- Radioactive waste repositories -- Washington (State) -- Pictorial works
- Trinity Site (N.M.) -- Pictorial works
- Washington (State) -- Pictorial works
- White Sands Missile Range (N.M.) -- Pictorial works
- Guide to the Peter Goin, Nuclear Landscapes
- Portfolio of Forty-Four Photographs and Trinity Panorama
- In Progress
- by Matthew Daniel Mason
- October 2017
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library Repository
P. O. Box 208330
New Haven CT 06520-8330 US
121 Wall Street
New Haven, CT 06511
The Beinecke Library is open to all Yale University students and faculty, and visiting researchers whose work requires use of its special collections. You will need to bring appropriate photo ID the first time you register. Beinecke is a non-circulating, closed stack library. Paging is done by library staff during business hours. You can request collection material online at least two business days in advance of your visit, using the request links in Archives at Yale. For more information, please see Planning Your Research Visit and consult the Reading Room Policies prior to visiting the library.