John Cowper Powys collection
Call Number: GEN MSS 136
Scope and Contents
This listing encompasses accessions of single manuscripts and small groups of manuscripts pertaining to John Cowper Powys acquired by gift and purchase from various sources by the Beinecke Library. Materials acquired prior to January 1995 have been arranged in Series I, Letters , which consists of letters by John Cowper Powys and is alphabetically arranged by recipient. Materials acquired since January 1995 are located in Series II, Additions since January 1995 , and are listed in accession order.
- [ca. 1930-1963]
Conditions Governing Access
The materials are open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The John Cowper Powys Collection is the physical property of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. Literary rights, including copyright, belong to the authors or their legal heirs and assigns. For further information, consult the appropriate curator.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Ongoing collection of documents acquired by gift and purchase from various sources.
0.83 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
The collection consists of miscellaneous letters by John Cowper Powys.
This register is updated periodically. For information on material added to the collection since the last update, please consult the Public Services desk.
- Guide to the John Cowper Powys Collection
- by Diane J. Ducharme
- February 1995
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English
- 2007-08-13: beinecke.powys.xml converted for compliance with Yale EAD Best Practice Guidelines with brbl-migrate-01.xsl (mr2007-08-13).
- 2007-03-08: PUBLIC "-//Yale University::Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library//TEXT (US::CtYBR::::[JOHN COWPER POWYS COLLECTION ])//EN" "powys.xml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- 2010-02-10: Transformed with yale.addEadidUrl.xsl. Adds @url with handle for finding aid. Overwrites @url if already present.