Alfred Austin collection
Call Number: GEN MSS 219
Scope and Contents
This finding aid encompasses accessions of materials pertaining to Alfred Austin.
- ca. 1865-1915
Conditions Governing Access
The materials are open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The Alfred Austin Collection is the physical property of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. Literary rights, including copyright, belong to the authors or their legal heirs and assigns. For further information, consult the appropriate curator.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Collection acquired from various sources.
1.5 Linear Feet (4 boxes)
Correspondence, writings and photographs by or about Alfred Austin. The correspondence consists of 14 letters from Austin to various people,and over 140 letters to Austin or his wife. The writings consist of holograph drafts, typescripts, and proofs of poems, playscripts, and notes by Austin. The photographs consist of portraits of Austin and views of his estate, Swinford.
This finding aid was produced from a previously existing card set in the Manuscripts Catalog, or from another inventory. All pertinent bibliographical information has been retained. If the collection also contains unlisted or unsorted material, this has been noted in the box-and-folder list.
- Guide to the Alfred Austin Collection
- by Beinecke Staff
- July 1996
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English
- 2007-08-13: beinecke.austin.xml converted for compliance with Yale EAD Best Practice Guidelines with brbl-migrate-01.xsl (mr2007-08-13).
- 2007-03-08: PUBLIC "-//Yale University::Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library//TEXT (US::CtYBR::::[ALFRED AUSTIN COLLECTION ])//EN" "austin.xml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- 2010-02-10: Transformed with yale.addEadidUrl.xsl. Adds @url with handle for finding aid. Overwrites @url if already present.