Caroline Sheridan Norton collection
Scope and Contents
Accompanying the collection is a typescript of Bertha Coolidge Slade's undated essay "Some Unrecorded Letters of Caroline Norton in the Altschul Collection of the Yale University Library."
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Immediate Source of Acquisition
1 Linear Feet (4 boxes)
Language of Materials
A record for this collection is available in Orbis, the Yale University Library catalog
Caroline Sheridan Norton, 1808-1877
This finding aid encompasses accessions of single manuscripts and small groups of manuscripts and other papers, by or pertaining to Caroline Sheridan Norton, which the library has chosen to group and list as an artificial collection. The finding aid was produced from previously existing cards in the Manuscripts Catalog, or from another inventory. All pertinent bibliographical information has been retained. If the collection also contains unlisted or unsorted material, it has been noted in the box-and-folder list. This finding aid will be updated periodically to account for new materials that may be added to the collection. The date of the most recent update is noted on the title page.
Material in this collection was reclassed from MS Vault Sheridan in 1997.
- Authors -- Great Britain -- 19th century
- Authors, English -- Archives
- British literature -- 19th century
- Browning, Robert, 1812-1889
- Cholmondeley-Pennell, H. (Henry), 1837-1915
- Gore, Catherine Grace Frances, 1799-1861
- Melbourne, William Lamb, Viscount, 1779-1848
- Mount-Temple, William Francis Cowper-Temple, Baron, 1811-1888
- Norton, Caroline Sheridan, 1808-1877
- Ogle, Nathaniel
- Stirling Maxwell, Anna, -1874
- Trollope, Frances Milton, 1780-1863
- Guide to the Caroline Sheridan Norton Collection
- by Beinecke Staff
- July 1997
- Description rules
- Beinecke Manuscript Unit Archival Processing Manual
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library Repository
P. O. Box 208330
New Haven CT 06520-8330 US
121 Wall Street
New Haven, CT 06511
The Beinecke Library is open to all Yale University students and faculty, and visiting researchers whose work requires use of its special collections. You will need to bring appropriate photo ID the first time you register. Beinecke is a non-circulating, closed stack library. Paging is done by library staff during business hours. You can request collection material online at least two business days in advance of your visit, using the request links in Archives at Yale. For more information, please see Planning Your Research Visit and consult the Reading Room Policies prior to visiting the library.