George Bernard Shaw collection
Call Number: GEN MSS 279
Scope and Contents
This finding aid encompasses accessions of single manuscripts and small groups of manuscripts and other papers, by or pertaining to George Bernard Shaw, which the library has chosen to group and list as an artifical collection.
Conditions Governing Access
The materials are open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The George Bernard Shaw Collection is the physical property of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. Literary rights, including copyright, belong to the authors or their legal heirs and assigns. For further information, consult the appropriate curator.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Ongoing collection of documents acquired by gift and purchase from various sources. Type of accession (gift or purchase) and date of acquisition is noted in the box-and-folder list. For further information, consult the appropriate curator.
0.4 Linear Feet (1 box)
The collection consists primarily of letters from Shaw to various correspondents, including Ford Madox Ford, Archibald Henderson, and the firm of T. Fisher Unwin; and writings by Shaw, including an annotated typescript of Arms and the Man and a draft of the Prologue to Caesar and Cleopatra.
This finding aid was produced from a previously existing card set in the Manuscripts Catalog, or from another inventory. All pertinent bibliographical information has been retained. If the collection also contains unlisted or unsorted material, this has been noted in the box-and-folder list. This finding aid will be updated once final folder numbering and labeling have been completed. The date of the update will be noted on the title page.
- Guide to the George Bernard Shaw Collection
- by Beinecke Staff
- July 1997
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English
- 2010-02-10 : Transformed with yale.addEadidUrl.xsl. Adds @url with handle for finding aid. Overwrites @url if already present.
- 2007-08-13 : beinecke.shaw.xml converted for compliance with Yale EAD Best Practice Guidelines with brbl-migrate-01.xsl (mr2007-08-13).
- 2007-03-08 : PUBLIC "-//Yale University::Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library//TEXT (US::CtYBR::::[GEORGE BERNARD SHAW COLLECTION ])//EN" "shaw.xml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).