Trumbull College manuscript collection
Call Number: GEN MSS 331
Scope and Contents
This finding aid encompasses material that was deposited at the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library in 1972 by Trumbull College; this material pertains to Jonathan Trumbull (1710-1785), Jonathan Trumbull (1740-1809), and John Trumbull.
Conditions Governing Access
The materials are open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The Trumbull College Manuscript Collection is the physical property of Trumbull College, Yale University. Literary rights, including copyright, belong to the authors or their legal heirs and assigns. For further information, consult the appropriate curator.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Deposited at the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library in 1972 by Trumbull College, Yale University.
0.2 Linear Feet (1 box)
Contains legal documents signed by Jonathan Trumbull (1710-1785) while governor, and one letter from him to Jonathan Trumbull (1740-1809); a letter from George Washington to Jonathan Trumbull (1740-1809); letters between John Trumbull and various people, regarding his paintings and exhibitions; receipts relating to his work; and draft and printed versions of the handbill announcing the print of his "The Declaration of Independence."
This finding aid was produced from a previously existing inventory. All pertinent bibliographical information has been retained.
- Guide to the Trumbull College Manuscript Collection
- by Beinecke Staff
- October 1997
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English
- 2010-02-10: Transformed with yale.addEadidUrl.xsl. Adds @url with handle for finding aid. Overwrites @url if already present.
- 2007-08-13: beinecke.trumbull.xml converted for compliance with Yale EAD Best Practice Guidelines with brbl-migrate-01.xsl (mr2007-08-13).
- 2007-03-08: PUBLIC "-//Yale University::Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library//TEXT (US::CtYBR::::[TRUMBULL COLLEGE MANUSCRIPT COLLECTION ])//EN" "trumbull.xml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).