Scope and Contents
This finding aid encompasses accessions of single manuscripts and small groups of manuscripts and other papers, by or pertaining to Jean Giono, acquired by the library from a variety of sources. Materials incorporated into the collection prior to January 2000 have been organized into 2 series: I. Letters, and II. Writings. Materials acquired since that date are listed in Series III. Additions Since January 2000.
Conditions Governing Access
The materials are open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The Jean Giono Collection is the physical property of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. Literary rights, including copyright, belong to the authors or their legal heirs and assigns. For further information, consult the appropriate curator.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Ongoing collection of documents acquired by gift and purchase from various sources. Source information is recorded on the folders. For further information, consult the appropriate curator.
0.29 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
One letter from Giono to Blanche Meyer, undated; one letter to "Cher Brun", 1935 Nov 30; three undated letters from Giono to an unidentified recipient; holograph and typescript notes for and drafts of "Que ma joie demeure".
This finding aid is updated periodically to account for new materials that have been added to the collection. The date of the most recent update is noted on the title page. For information on material that may have been acquired for the collection since the last update, please consult the Public Service Desk.
- Guide to the Jean Giono Collection
- by Timothy Young
- January 2000
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English
- 2010-02-10: Transformed with yale.addEadidUrl.xsl. Adds @url with handle for finding aid. Overwrites @url if already present.
- 2007-08-13: beinecke.gionocol.xml converted for compliance with Yale EAD Best Practice Guidelines with brbl-migrate-01.xsl (mr2007-08-13).
- 2007-03-08: PUBLIC "-//Yale University::Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library//TEXT (US::CtYBR::::[JEAN GIONO COLLECTION ])//EN" "gionocol.xml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).