Frank Kellogg Smith travel photographs and memorabilia
Scope and Contents
Titles to the albums come from imprinted titles or manuscript inscriptions by Smith.
Several images are duplicated in photographic prints in different albums, especially those albums documenting trips in Africa. Albums in boxes 14-18 primarily possess photographic prints that duplicate images in the albums in boxes 1-13.
Many of the photographic prints are accompanied by manuscript captions in the negative or in the albums.
- 1898 - 1959
- Majority of material found within 1898 - 1922
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Immediate Source of Acquisition
3 Linear Feet ((20 boxes) + 2 broadside folders)
Language of Materials
Biography of Frank Kellogg Smith
- Africa -- Pictorial works
- Australia -- Pictorial works
- Circumnavigators' Club (New York, N.Y.)
- Europe -- Pictorial works
- New Zealand -- Pictorial works
- Pacific Area -- Pictorial works
- Photograph albums
- Photographic prints
- Smith, Frank Kellogg, 1873-1968
- Socony-Vacuum Oil Company -- Employees
- United States -- Pictorial works
- United States Steel Corporation -- Employees
- Voyages and travels -- Pictorial works
- Guide to the Frank Kellogg Smith Travel Photographs and Memorabilia
- Under Revision
- by Matthew D. Mason
- May 2007
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library Repository
P. O. Box 208330
New Haven CT 06520-8330 US
121 Wall Street
New Haven, CT 06511
The Beinecke Library is open to all Yale University students and faculty, and visiting researchers whose work requires use of its special collections. You will need to bring appropriate photo ID the first time you register. Beinecke is a non-circulating, closed stack library. Paging is done by library staff during business hours. You can request collection material online at least two business days in advance of your visit, using the request links in Archives at Yale. For more information, please see Planning Your Research Visit and consult the Reading Room Policies prior to visiting the library.