Scope and Contents
This finding aid encompasses accessions of materials pertaining to W. S. Gilbert.
Conditions Governing Access
The materials are open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The W. S. Lewis Collection of W. S. Gilbert Manuscripts and Letters is the physical property of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. Literary rights, including copyright, belong to the authors or their legal heirs and assigns. For further information, consult the appropriate curator.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of W. S. Lewis, 1942.
0.2 Linear Feet (1 box)
A record for this collection is available in Orbis, the Yale University Library catalog
Contains typescript carbon versions of plays by Gilbert, as well as two letters from Gilbert regarding production of, and royalties on, his plays.
This finding aid was produced from a previously existing card set in the Manuscripts Catalog, or from another inventory. All pertinent bibliographical information has been retained. If the collection also contains unlisted or unsorted material, this has been noted in the box-and-folder list.
- Guide to the W.S. Lewis Collection of W.S. Gilbert Manuscripts and Letters
- by Beinecke Staff
- June 1997
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English
- 2010-02-10: Transformed with yale.addEadidUrl.xsl. Adds @url with handle for finding aid. Overwrites @url if already present.
- 2007-08-13: beinecke.gilbert.xml converted for compliance with Yale EAD Best Practice Guidelines with brbl-migrate-01.xsl (mr2007-08-13).
- 2007-03-08: PUBLIC "-//Yale University::Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library//TEXT (US::CtYBR::::[W. S. LEWIS COLLECTION OF W. S. GILBERT MANUSCRIPTS AND LETTERS ])//EN" "gilbert.xml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
Part of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library Repository