Land of Zenj photograph collection
Scope and Contents
- 1869 - 2006
- Majority of material found within 1869 - 1937
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This series arrangement reflects the way in which the material is logically organized in the dealer catalog.
Oversize material from all series has been physically organized together in Boxes 16-26. Oversize material is described below in the series of which it forms part intellectually with a note about its physical location, as well as in the listing of oversize boxes.
18.85 Linear Feet (26 boxes)
Language of Materials
The Land of Zenj
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- A. C. Gomes & Co
- Africa -- Pictorial works
- Blacks -- Africa -- Pictorial works
- C. Vincente (Firm)
- Coutinho Bros
- Dar es Salaam (Tanzania) -- Pictorial works
- German East Africa -- Pictorial works
- Lantern slides
- Pereira de Lord Brothers
- Photograph albums
- Photographic prints
- Walther Dobbertin (Firm)
- Whites -- Africa -- Pictorial works
- Zanzibar -- Pictorial works
- Guide to the Land of Zenj Photograph Collection
- by Jennifer Meehan and Tina Evans
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library Repository
P. O. Box 208330
New Haven CT 06520-8330 US
121 Wall Street
New Haven, CT 06511
The Beinecke Library is open to all Yale University students and faculty, and visiting researchers whose work requires use of its special collections. You will need to bring appropriate photo ID the first time you register. Beinecke is a non-circulating, closed stack library. Paging is done by library staff during business hours. You can request collection material online at least two business days in advance of your visit, using the request links in Archives at Yale. For more information, please see Planning Your Research Visit and consult the Reading Room Policies prior to visiting the library.