Thomas Carlyle collection
Scope and Contents
- circa 1750-1951
- Majority of material found within 1827 - 1882
Conditions Governing Access
Existence and Location of Copies
Conditions Governing Use
Immediate Source of Acquisition
7.17 Linear Feet ((24 boxes) + 1 broadside)
Thomas Carlyle, 1795-1881
This collection received a basic level of processing, including rehousing, in 2009. Various acquisitions associated with the collection have not been merged and organized as a whole.
The finding aid for this collection is compiled from individual catalog cards for each acquisition that were created at or around the time of receipt by the library. Information from the catalog cards was repurposed in the finding aid in accordance with current archival descriptive standards. Some catalog cards, filed in folder 1, include more detailed descriptions of individual items and/or provenance notes.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Authors, Scottish -- 19th century -- Archives
- British literature -- 19th century
- Carlyle, Jane Welsh, 1801-1866
- Carlyle, Thomas, 1795-1881
- Cromwell, Oliver
- Frederick, King of Prussia, II, 1712-1786
- German literature
- Maps (documents)
- Neuberg, Joseph, 1806-1867
- Prussia (Germany) -- History -- 18th century
- Scottish literature -- 19th century
- Sculpture (visual work) -- Great Britain -- 19th century
- Woolner, Thomas, 1825-1892
- Guide to the Thomas Carlyle Collection GEN MSS 677
- by Lisa Conathan
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- 2010-02-10: Transformed with yale.addEadidUrl.xsl. Adds @url with handle for finding aid. Overwrites @url if already present.