Amos Gerry Beman Scrapbooks
Scope and Contents
- 1830 - 1858
Conditions Governing Access
Boxes 1-4: Restricted Fragile material. All four scrapbooks have been digitized in their entirety. Preservation photocopies available for scrapbooks I, II, and IV. Scrapbook III available on microfilm. For further information consult the appropriate curator.
Existence and Location of Copies
Conditions Governing Use
Immediate Source of Acquisition
2.5 Linear Feet (5 boxes)
Language of Materials
Amos Gerry Beman (1812-1874)
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection includes materials previously identified by the following call number: JWJ MSS Beman.
- African American clergy -- Connecticut -- New Haven -- Archives
- African Americans -- Connecticut -- New Haven
- African Americans -- Religion
- Beman, Amos Gerry, 1812-1874
- Clergy -- Connecticut -- New Haven
- Clergy -- Connecticut -- New Haven -- 19th century
- New Haven (Conn.) -- Religion -- 19th century
- Scrapbooks -- Connecticut -- New Haven -- 19th century
- Temple Street African Church (New Haven, Conn.)
- Guide to the Amos Gerry Beman Scrapbooks
- Under Revision
- by David O. White, Connecticut Historical Commission and Beinecke staff
- March 1974
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library Repository
P. O. Box 208330
New Haven CT 06520-8330 US
121 Wall Street
New Haven, CT 06511
The Beinecke Library is open to all Yale University students and faculty, and visiting researchers whose work requires use of its special collections. You will need to bring appropriate photo ID the first time you register. Beinecke is a non-circulating, closed stack library. Paging is done by library staff during business hours. You can request collection material online at least two business days in advance of your visit, using the request links in Archives at Yale. For more information, please see Planning Your Research Visit and consult the Reading Room Policies prior to visiting the library.