Cynthia Earl Kerman Papers Relating to The Lives of Jean Toomer
Scope and Contents
Conditions Governing Access
Box 6 (audiocassettes): Restricted fragile material. Reference copies may be requested. Consult Access Services for further information.
Conditions Governing Use
Immediate Source of Acquisition
2.73 Linear Feet (7 boxes)
Language of Materials
A record for this collection is available in Orbis, the Yale University Library catalog
Cynthia Earl Kerman (1923-2012)
The finding aid for this collection is compiled from individual preliminary lists for each acquisition that were created at or around the time of receipt by the library. The preliminary lists were migrated to comply with current archival descriptive standards and merged into a single file in 2007-2008. As part of the migration, modifications were made to the formatting of individual lists; however, the content of the lists was neither modified nor verified.
As a rule, descriptive information found in the Collection Contents section is drawn in large part from information supplied with the collection and from an initial survey of the contents. Folder titles appearing in the contents list below are often based on those provided by the creator or previous custodian. Titles have not been verified against the contents of the folders in all cases. Otherwise, folder titles are supplied by staff during initial processing.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection includes materials previously identified by the call number Uncat MSS 62.
- American literature -- 20th century
- Audiocassettes -- United States -- 20th Century
- Audiovisual materials -- United States -- 20th Century
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives
- Biographers -- United States
- Biographers -- United States -- 20th Century
- Harlem Renaissance
- Kerman, Cynthia Earl
- Kerman, Cynthia Earl (Lives of Jean Toomer)
- Modernism (Literature)
- Photographs -- United States -- 20th Century
- Poets -- United States -- 20th Century
- Poets, American -- 20th Century -- Archives
- Toomer, Jean, 1894-1967
- Toomer, Marjorie, 1895-1984
- Guide to the Cynthia Earl Kerman Papers Relating to The Lives of Jean Toomer
- In Progress
- by Beinecke staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library Repository
P. O. Box 208330
New Haven CT 06520-8330 US
121 Wall Street
New Haven, CT 06511
The Beinecke Library is open to all Yale University students and faculty, and visiting researchers whose work requires use of its special collections. You will need to bring appropriate photo ID the first time you register. Beinecke is a non-circulating, closed stack library. Paging is done by library staff during business hours. You can request collection material online at least two business days in advance of your visit, using the request links in Archives at Yale. For more information, please see Planning Your Research Visit and consult the Reading Room Policies prior to visiting the library.