- 2007 May 7
Conditions Governing Access
Collection materials are closed to research until January 1, 2029, after which access is subject to review by University Archives staff.
From the Collection: 0.5 Linear Feet ((1 box) and 156 computer files)
Biographical / Historical
Arthur William Galston received the following degrees: 1940, B.S., Cornell University; 1942, M.S., 1943, PH.D, University of Illinois; 1955, M.A. (Hon.), Yale University. He was first appointed to Yale as a botany instructor in 1946 and left at the end of the spring term due to the low salary. He then taught at Cal Tech for nine years. In 1955 he returned to Yale as professor of plant physiology in the botany department. In 1960 he was appointed professor of the newly organized biology department. He has also served as chairman of the department (1985-1988), director of the Marsh Botanical Gardens, Director, Division of the Biological Sciences (1966-1967), and for twelve years taught Residential College Seminars in bioethics. After his retirement in 1990, he became Eaton Professor us of Botany in the Department of Molecular, Cellular & Developmental Biology and professor emeritus in the School of Forestry and Environmental Studies.
- African Americans -- Education
- Agent Orange
- Bergin, Thomas Goddard, 1904-1987
- Black Panthers Trial, New Haven, Ct., 1970-1971
- Brewster, Kingman, Jr., 1919-1988
- Community development
- Diversity in the workplace
- Evolution (Biology)
- Giamatti, A. Bartlett, 1938-1989
- Goldsby, Richard A.
- Goldsmith, Mary Helen
- Gordon, John C.
- Griswold, Alfred Whitney, 1906-1963
- Poulson, Donald F.
- Schmidt, Benno C., 1942-
- Sinnott, Edmund Ware, 1888-
- Taft, Horace Dwight, 1925-1983
- Tippo, Oswald
- Women college teachers
- Yale University. Biology Department
- Yale University. Dept. of Botany
- Yale University. Dept. of Zoology
- Yale University. Joseph Slifka Center for Jewish Life
- Yale University. School of Forestry and Environmental Studies
- From the Collection: Yale University. Department of Manuscripts and Archives