- Scope and Contents
The records consist of correspondence, memoranda, subject files, minutes, grade books of Richard Foster Flint, and a departmental history documenting the activities and operations of the Yale Department of Geology and Geophysics. Includes mineralogy papers and notebooks of Yale mineralogists Samuel Lewis Penfield, George Jarvis Brush and William Ebenezer Ford. The records also include correspondence relating to Yale's acquisition of Baron Lederer's mineral cabinet.
- Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research
Some records in this finding aid have been redacted, as they include student names, donor names, and other restricted data. These records will not appear in the published finding aid.
The records are arranged by accession.
- 3.5 Linear Feet (11 boxes)
- Related Names
- Yale University. Department of Geology and Geophysics
- Brush, George Jarvis, 1831-1912
- Flint, Richard Foster, 1902-1976
- Ford, William E. (William Ebenezer), 1878-1939
- Penfield, Samuel Lewis, 1856-1906
- Language of Materials