- Scope and Contents
The records consist of correspondence, subject files, and committee meeting minutes documenting the administrations of the following provosts of Yale: William A. Brown, acting (1919-1920); Williston Walker (1920-1922); Wilbur L. Cross, acting (1922-1923); Henry Solon Graves (1923-1927); Charles Seymour (1928-1937); Edgar S. Furniss (1937-1958); Norman Sydney Buck (1958-1961); Kingman Brewster, Jr., designate (1961-1963); and Charles Henry Taylor, Jr., acting (1963-1964). The records also include copies of minutes of the Yale Corporation.
- Conditions Governing Access
The materials are open for research.
- Immediate Source of Acquisition
The records were transferred from the Office of the Provost, 1955-2002 and the Office of the President, 2014.
The records are arranged in two series: I. Administrative Files, 1919-1964. II. Committee Minutes, 1914-1951; and subsequent accessions.
- 40 Linear Feet (95 boxes)
- Related Names
- Yale University. Office of the Provost
- Brewster, Kingman, Jr., 1919-1988
- Brown, William Adams, 1865-1943
- Buck, Norman Sydney, 1892-1964
- Cross, Wilbur L. (Wilbur Lucius), 1862-1948
- Furniss, Edgar S. (Edgar Stevenson), 1890-1972
- Graves, Henry Solon, 1871-1951
- Seymour, Charles, 1885-1963
- Walker, Williston, 1860-1922
- Language of Materials