Annie Burr Jennings collection
Scope and Contents
Contained here are approximately forty autograph letters and documents, dating for the most part from the Revolutionary War era, and three letters written to Annie Burr Jennings by friends. Among the items of historical interest are a letter of Richard Wagner, one from Samuel Adams to William and Thomas Bradford, a letter from George Washington to his nephew Bushrod Washington, and a letter to George Washington from the architect William Thornton discussing some houses being built by Washington and plans for the capitol.
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Immediate Source of Acquisition
0.25 Linear Feet (1 box)
- Adams, Samuel, 1722-1803
- Bierstadt, Albert, 1830-1902
- Blennerhassett, Harman, 1764-1831
- Call, Daniel, approximately 1765-1840
- Colden, Cadwallader D. (Cadwallader David), 1769-1834
- Green, Ashbel, 1762-1848
- Green, E. K.
- Green, Jacob, 1722-1790
- Jennings, Annie Burr, 1855-1939
- Marie-Amélie, Queen, consort of Louis-Philippe, King of the French, 1782-1866
- Martin, Luther, 1748-1826
- Orleans, Antonio d'
- Orleans, J. C. d'
- Sands, Comfort, 1748-1834
- Silliman, Gold Selleck, 1777-1868
- Thornton, William, 1759-1828
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783
- Wadsworth, James, 1730-1817
- Wagner, Richard, 1813-1883
- Washington, George, 1732-1799
- Wickham, John, 1763-1839
- Guide to the Annie Burr Jennings Collection
- compiled by Janet Elaine Gertz
- February 1983
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.