Scope and Contents
The Andrew Keogh Papers consist largely of memos, outlines, notes, bibliographies, newspaper clippings and other materials pertaining to the courses in bibliography that Keogh taught at Yale from 1924 to 1938. The papers are arranged alphabetically by subject, the titles in quotations being Keogh's original folder titles.
A folder of correspondence, for the most part personal letters to Keogh and coinciding with his early years at the Yale Library, follows the bibliographical material. Other letters, some to Keogh, some copies of letters from him, are filed in the subject folders under the topic which they specifically concern.
Conditions Governing Access
The materials are open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright status for collection materials is unknown. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owners. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred to Manuscripts and Archives, 1948.
1.5 Linear Feet (3 boxes)
Language of Materials
Chiefly memoranda, outlines, notes, bibliographies, newspaper clippings, and other materials relating to the courses in bibliography that Keogh taught at Yale University from 1924 to 1938. There is also a small amount of personal correspondence, 1898-1916.
Biographical / Historical
Andrew Keogh: reference librarian, Newcastle (Eng.) Public Libraries, 1892-1898; librarian of Linonia and Brothers Library at Yale University, 1899-1900; Yale University reference librarian, 1900-1916; Yale Librarian, 1916-1938; librarian emeritus, 1938-1953; lecturer and then professor of bibliography, 1902-1938; professor emeritus, 1938-1953.
Appendix: List of Correspondents
- Abbot, Wilbur Cortez (b.1869, Y.1908H)
- Andrews, William Loring (1837-1920)
- Asakawa, Kan-Ichi (1873-1948)
- Ashley, J. D.
- Baldwin, Simeon Eben (1840-1927, Y.1861)
- Cook, Albert Stanburrough (1853-1927)
- Dickson, Frederick Stoever (1850-1925, Y.1871S)
- Fox, George Levi (1852-1931, Y.1874)
- Jackson, Samuel Macauley (1851-1912)
- Johnston, William Dawson (1871-1928)
- Livingston, Luther Samuel (1864-1914)
- Luquiens, Huc-Mazelet (1881- , Y.1902)
- Noé, Adolf Carl Von (b.1873)
- O'Meara, Eva Judd
- Paltsits, Victor Hugo (b.1867)
- Pearson, Edmund Lester (1880-1937)
- Peddie, Robert Alexander (b.1869)
- Phillips, Andrew Wheeler (1844-1915, Y.1873)
- Ruotolo, Dominic (1893-1943, Y.1912S)
- Schwab, John Christopher (1865-1916)
- Taft, William Howard (1857-1930)
- Trent, William Peterfield (1862-1939)
- Van Name, Addison (1835-1922, Y.1858)
- White, William Augustus (1843-1927)
- Abbott, Wilbur Cortez, 1869-1947
- Andrews, William Loring, 1837-1920
- Asakawa, Kan'ichi, 1873-1948
- Ashley, J. D.
- Baldwin, Simeon E. (Simeon Eben), 1840-1927
- Cook, A. S. (Albert Stanburrough), 1853-1927
- Dickson, Frederick Stoever, 1850-1925
- Fox, George Levi, 1852-1931
- Jackson, Samuel Macauley, 1851-1912
- Johnston, William Dawson, 1871-1928
- Keogh, Andrew, 1869-1953
- Livingston, Luther Samuel, 1864-1914
- Luquiens, Huc Mazelet, 1881-
- Noʹe, Adolf Carl, 1873-1939
- O'Meara, Eva Judd, 1884-1979
- Paltsits, Victor Hugo, 1867-1952
- Pearson, Edmund Lester, 1880-1937
- Peddie, Robert Alexander, 1869-1951
- Phillips, Andrew W. (Andrew Wheeler), 1844-1915
- Ruotolo, Dominic, 1893-1943
- Schwab, John Christopher, 1865-1916
- Taft, William H. (William Howard), 1857-1930
- Trent, William P. (William Peterfield), 1862-1939
- Van Name, Addison
- White, William Augustus, 1843-1927
- Yale University -- Faculty
- Yale University -- Officals and employees
- Yale University. Library
- Guide to the Andrew Keogh Papers
- Under Revision
- compiled by Thomas J. Connors
- July 1979
- Description rules
- Finding Aid Created In Accordance With Manuscripts And Archives Processing Manual
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Manuscripts and Archives Repository
Yale University Library
P.O. Box 208240
New Haven CT 06520-8240 US
(203) 432-7441 (Fax)
Sterling Memorial Library
120 High Street
New Haven, CT 06511