Scope and Contents
The AIDS Collection consists of printed materials, including reports, newsletters, pamphlets, posters, and fliers, related to the prevention, treatment, and status of AIDS in various countries.
Conditions Governing Access
Original videotapes in box 8 of original accession and boxes 2 and 3 of Accession 2006-M-012 may not be played. Researchers must consult use copies, or if none exist must pay for a use copy, which is retained by the repository. Researchers wishing to obtain an additional copy for their personal use should consult Copying Services information on the Manuscripts and Archives web site.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright status for collection materials is unknown. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owners. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred by the Larry Kramer Initiative Executive Coordinator, 2004-2005. GIft of the LGBT Co-Op, 2009. Transfered from the African Collection Curator, 2014. Transferred from the Librarian for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Studies and Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies, 2015.
Arranged in two series and six additions: I. Countries, 1985-1999. II. International, 1990-1999.
16.75 Linear Feet (20 boxes)
Language of Materials
The AIDS Collection consists of printed materials, including reports, newsletters, pamphlets, posters, and flyers, related to the prevention, treatment, and status of AIDS in various countries.
Additions to this collection may be added periodically.
- AIDS (Disease)
- AIDS (Disease) -- Canada
- AIDS (Disease) -- Congresses
- AIDS (Disease) -- Great Britain
- AIDS (Disease) -- Patients -- Home care -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- AIDS (Disease) -- Prevention
- AIDS (Disease) -- Social aspects
- AIDS (Disease) -- South Africa
- AIDS (Disease) -- Treatment
- AIDS (Disease) -- United States
- AIDS Healthcare Foundation
- LGBTQ resource
- San Francisco AIDS Foundation
- Guide to the AIDS Collection
- Under Revision
- compiled by Scott Libson, Christine Weideman, and the staff of Manuscripts and Archives
- March 2004
- Description rules
- Finding Aid Created In Accordance With Manuscripts And Archives Processing Manual
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Manuscripts and Archives Repository
Yale University Library
P.O. Box 208240
New Haven CT 06520-8240 US
(203) 432-7441 (Fax)
Sterling Memorial Library
120 High Street
New Haven, CT 06511