- Scope and Contents
Series I is a sequence of dated sermons. The text of the sermon and the first date and place of delivery are noted in the finding aid. Series II contains less structured sermon notes and lectures, again in chronological sequence. Series III contains undated sermons, funeral service notes, and fragments of various sorts. Series IV contains materials not written by Huntting, primarily relating to the area of Long Island where he lived.
- Conditions Governing Access
The materials are open for research.
- Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased from William Hedges, ca. 1980.
- I. Dated Sermons, 1803-1842
- II. Dated Sermon Notes, 1810-1832
- III. Notes, Essays, Undated Sermons, 1802-1838
- IV. Collected Material, 1732 - 1860
- 4 Linear Feet (8 boxes)
- Related Names
- Huntting, Jonathan, 1778-1850
- Language of Materials