- Scope and Contents
The minutes, reports and proposals date from 1928 to 1950 and document the development and activities of the Commission including its participation in the Associated Commissions for the Development of the Rural Church in New England. The correspondence dates from 1926 to 1950 and centers around Luther A. Weigle's involvement in the Commission. Correspondence of the staff of the Commission is included as well as letters to and from the deans and presidents of the participating seminaries who served as the board of directors. Correspondence regarding funding, including letters to and from John D. Rockefeller, Jr. and his representatives, is filed with the financial material of Series III. Series III also includes financial statements, expense account reports and minutes of the Finance Committee.
The subject file of Series IV is divided into four sections:
- A. Field work instruments; including questionnaires and interview guides, completed and blank. (1929-1945, undated)
- B. Staff papers and memoranda (1930-1948, undated)
- C. Student seminar reports and course descriptions (1928-1950s)
- D. Summer schools and conferences (1928-1948)
One oversize photograph of the Interseminary Commission board and staff completes the record group.
- Conditions Governing Access
The materials are open for research.
- I. Minutes, Reports, Proposals, 1928-1950, n.d.
- II. Correspondence of Staff and Board Members, 1926-1950, n.d.
- III. Financial Material, 1929-1950, n.d.
- IV. Subject File, 1928-1954, n.d.
The first three series are arranged chronologically. The fourth series is arranged alphabetically by subject within each of its sub-sections, except in the case of the student seminar reports, which are arranged chronologically.
- 3 Linear Feet (6 boxes)
- Related Names
- Interseminary Commission for Training for the Rural Ministry
- Language of Materials