Miscellaneous Personal Papers Collection
Scope and Contents
This collection contains correspondence, diaries, writings and/or other papers and memorabilia of various individuals, including former Yale faculty members, clergymen and missionaries to areas other than China. The papers of these men and women have been placed in the Miscellaneous Personal Papers record group because the quantity or substance of the material did not warrant a separate record group.
- Various dates according to material
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The materials are open for research.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Acquired from various sources.
- I. Individuals A-L
- II. Individuals M-Y
138 Linear Feet (332 boxes)
The Miscellaneous Personal Papers record group is an open collection consisting of the correspondence, diaries, writings and/or other papers and memorabilia of various individuals. This collection contains papers of individuals who were Yale faculty members, alumni/ae, clergy, ecumenical workers, or missionaries in areas other than China.
Biographical / Historical
See the alphabetical listing for biographical information about the individuals included in this record group.
Place names were modernized in the description, with the name originally used in the collection material or in an older version of the finding aid in parenthesis: e.g. “Beijing (Peking)” or “Benin (Dahomey)”.
- Archer, John Clark, 1881-1957
- Backus, Simon
- Bacon, Benjamin Wisner, 1860-1932
- Beebe, David Lewis, 1763-1803
- Beebe, James, 1717 or 1718-1785
- Bellamy, Joseph, 1719-1790
- Bergmann, W. (Wilhelm), 1899-1987
- Borden, William, 1887-1913
- Brainerd, David, 1718-1747
- Carson, Arthur L. (Arthur Leroy), 1895-
- Chamberlain, Jacob, 1835-1908
- Chambers, William Nesbitt, 1853-1934
- Cleary, Edward L.
- Congregational churches -- United States
- Cooley, Frank L. (Frank Leonard), 1920-
- Corey, Clara Watts Long, 1868-
- Episcopal Church
- Ferris, Theodore Parker, 1908-1972
- Fisher, George Park, 1827-1909
- Goodwin, Francis
- Hartshorne, Hugh, 1885-1967
- Kidder, Daniel P. (Daniel Parish), 1815-1891
- Large, Dwight S.
- Little, Charles, 1818-1892
- Maurer, Oscar E. (Oscar Edward), 1878-
- McQuary, Rodney L., 1888-1977
- Miller, Jonathan, 1761-1831
- Missions -- India
- Morris, Thomas, 1792-
- Rice, Edwin Botts
- Schubert, Paul, 1900-
- Torrey, Charles Cutler, 1863-1956
- Warnshuis, A. L. (Abbe Livingston), 1877-1958
- Williams, J. (John), 1817-1899
- Williams, William Frederic, 1818-1871
- Wishard, Luther D. (Luther Deloraine), 1854-1925
- Wyland, Benjamin Franklin (Rev.), 1882-1986
- Yale University. Divinity School
- Guide to the Miscellaneous Personal Papers Collection
- Description rules
- Finding Aid Prepared According To Local Divinity Library Descriptive Practices
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Yale Divinity Library Repository
409 Prospect Street
New Haven CT 06511 US