United Board for Christian Higher Education in Asia Records - Addendum H
Scope and Contents
The files have been maintained as sent by the United Board.
- Majority of material found within 1993 - 1999
Conditions Governing Access
The materials are open for research.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of the UBCHEA
- I. Organization and Policy Records, 1927-1993
- II. Programs and Colleges, 1977-2006
- III. Faculty Development Program, 1980-1995 >
- IV. Collected Material, 1990-2004
15 Linear Feet (42 boxes)
Language of Materials
This record group represents a continuation of the official archives of the United Board for Christian Higher Education in Asia, supplementing and overlapping the papers in record groups 11, 11A, 11B, 11C, 11D, 11E, 11F, and 11G. other additions to RG 11 include: RG 11I. It provides extensive information about the institutions and projects to which the United Board has lent its support. The United Board was established to support and coordinate the activities of Protestant colleges and universities in China. Following the Communist takeover of China, the United Board focused its efforts on educational work in other Asian nations. In recent years it has re-focused some of its activities on China.
Biographical / Historical
See the annual reports of the UBCHEA in the Library stacks for detailed information about its work during the period covered by these records.
- Guide to the United Board for Christian Higher Education in Asia Records - Addendum H
- Fantasia Thorne and Martha Lund Smalley
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Yale Divinity Library Repository
409 Prospect Street
New Haven CT 06511 US