Scope and Contents
Riemer's notes and writings provide information about the curriculum and teaching methods at the Yale Divinity School during the period that he was a student there, 1915-1917. These notes supplement the papers of various faculty members held by the Yale Divinity Library, including those of Benjamin Wisner Bacon, Harlan Page Beach, Charles Reynolds Brown, Douglas Clyde Macintosh, Frank Chamberlin Porter, Henry Hallam Tweedy, and Williston Walker.
Conditions Governing Access
The materials are open for research.
- I. Lecture Notes, 1915-1917, n.d.
- II. Term Papers, 1915-1917, n.d.
- III. Reviews and Notes, 1915-1917, n.d.
1.5 Linear Feet (3 boxes)
Language of Materials
Notes and papers from Riemer's years at the Yale Divinity School (1915-1917) provide insight into the curriculum and teaching methods at YDS during the first part of the twentieth century. Reinhold Riemer was a Yale Divinity School graduate, Moravian minister, and President of the Moravian College for Women.
Biographical / Historical
- 1889 Sept 28
- Born in Russia
- B.A., Moravian College
- B.D., Moravian Theological Seminary
- 1912 Aug 11
- Ordained in the Moravian Church, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- B.D., Yale
- Yale, Fourth Year Class
- Minister, Moravian Church in Palmyra, New Jersey
- President, Moravian College for Women
- Guide to the Reinhold Riemer Papers
- Compiled by Martha Lund Smalley
- Description rules
- Finding Aid Prepared According To Local Divinity Library Descriptive Practices
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Yale Divinity Library Repository
409 Prospect Street
New Haven CT 06511 US