- Scope and Contents
There is little personal material in this collection, but Tweedy's writings, sermons, and course-related material provide excellent documentation of the theology and methods of one of the Yale Divinity School's most renowned professors of practical theology.
Nearly 400 manuscript sermons by Tweedy are contained in the collection. Places and dates preached are noted on the individual envelopes containing the sermons. A full list of sermon titles is provided only for the first two boxes. Themes addressed by Tweedy reflect the issues of war, urbanization, and morality of concern to American society during the first few decades of the twentieth century.
- Conditions Governing Access
The materials are open for research.
- Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of the Tweedy family.
- I. Correspondence, 1922-1928
- II. Writings, 1895-1940, n.d.
- III. Personal Items and Memorabilia, 1924-1953, n.d.
- IV. Notes and Course-Related Material, 1902-1938
- 6 Linear Feet (15 boxes)
- Related Names
- Tweedy, Henry Hallam, 1868-1953
- Language of Materials