- Scope and Contents
The Fuson Papers provide valuable documentation of religious and political conditions in South China from 1905 to 1949. The family correspondence in Series I includes more than 200 letters from Chester and Phebe Fuson to their sons and other family members; it is most substantive for the years 1938 to 1940. General correspondence includes printed and typescript report letters, early letters to the Trustees of Canton Christian College (1906-1908) that are particularly interesting for their descriptions of College athletic activities, correspondence with members of the First Presbyterian Church of Pueblo, Colorado, which supported CGF as its foreign pastor, and miscellaneous other correspondence to or from the Fusons. Writings by the Fusons, collected material and memorabilia provide additional documentation of their life and work in South China.
- Conditions Governing Access
The materials are open for research.
- Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of William Fuson.
- I. Correspondence, 1906-1950
- II. Writings, 1905-1940, n.d.
- III. Personal Items and Memorabilia, 1915-1965, n.d.
- IV. Collected Material, 1924-1949, n.d.
- V. Addendum, 1907-1959, n.d.
- 1.25 Linear Feet (3 boxes)
- Related Names
- Fuson, Chester Garfield, 1881-1965
- Language of Materials