Series V: Instantaneous discs
- 1924 - 2006
- Majority of material found within 1937 - 1956
- From the Collection: Ives, Charles, 1874-1954
All discs in this series are 12 inch lacquer discs, except where noted.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research. Sound recordings from this collection are available to stream online via the Gilmore Music Library's AV access system, Aviary. Links to access these recordings are provided in this finding aid. Yale users can login to Aviary using their Yale University ID, to stream these recordings without restriction. Other users are able to request access to recordings directly through Aviary.
However, Yale University Library has obtained the necessary permissions to stream, without restriction and regardless of access location, all recordings in this collection of John Kirkpatrick performing Ives' Concord Sonata. This incorporates the performances below.
- 1939-01-20: World Premiere, New York Town Hall. Complete performance.
- 1939-03-24: CBS Music Hour, Keyboard Concerts, WABC. Emerson and Alcotts only.
- 1939-03-31: CBS Music Hour, Keyboard Concerts, WABC. Hawthorne and Thoreau only.
- 1939-09-28: First complete radio broadcast. Composers Forum, WNYC.
- 1959-10-19: Emerson only.
- 1969-02-07: Complete recording. Sprague Memorial Hall, Yale University.
Language of Materials
From the Collection: English
Part of the Gilmore Music Library Repository
120 High Street
PO Box 208240
New Haven CT 06520 US