Scope and Contents
The New Haven Music Club Papers consist of 3 ledger books in which are entered membership lists, programs, financial records, and photographs documenting 25 years of the Club's history.
Language of Materials
Materials chiefly in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The Papers are open to researchers by appointment. There are no restricted materials in the collection. Please contact the Special Collections staff to schedule an appointment.
Conditions Governing Use
The New Haven Music Club Papers are the physical property of the Irving S. Gilmore Music Library of Yale University. Copyrights belong to the composers and authors, or their legal heirs and assigns.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The New Haven Music Club Papers were established in the Music Library of Yale University by Mrs. Louis Hemingway, Jr., a former Club member.
0.5 Linear Feet (1 box)
A record for this collection is available in Orbis, the Yale University Library catalog
Records of the New Haven Music Club
Biographical / Historical
The Music Club, a local women's club, was created in 1913 in New Haven, Conn. Meetings included concerts and recitals presented once every month by Club members. The membership of the Club consisted of Yale faculty wives and women from the New Haven community. The Music Club's last meeting was held in March, 1946.
- The New Haven Music Club Papers
- Compiled by Dorothée Recordon
- Language of description
- Finding aid is in English.
- 2007-08-24: music.mss.0004.xml converted for compliance with Yale EAD Best Practice Guidelines with music-migrate-02.xsl (yn2007-08-24).
- 2007-03-21: music.mss.0004.xml converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 with v1to02.xsl (yn2007-03-20).
- 2010-01-26: Transformed with yale.addEadidUrl.xsl. Adds @url with handle for finding aid. Overwrites @url if already present.
Part of the Yale University Music Library Repository