Organ Music from the Estate of Frank Bozyan
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of 16 organ works, 1 song, and 1 piece for piano by Frank Bozyan and his friends and colleagues. 12 of the works are holograph scores. The remaining 6 works are photocopies of the composers' holographs.
- Bozyan, H. Frank (Hagop Frank), 1899-1965
- Baumgartner, H. Leroy (Hope Leroy), 1891-1969
- Cooke, Judd
- Duffy, John Joseph
- Kaufmann, Henry W. (Henry William), 1913-1982
- Keeney, Russell J.
- Porter, Quincy, 1897-1966
- Simonds, Bruce
- Smith, David Stanley, 1877-1949
- Young, Dorothy
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open to researchers by appointment. There are no restricted materials in the collection. Please contact the Special Collections staff to schedule an appointment.
Conditions Governing Use
The collection is the physical property of the Irving S. Gilmore Music Library of Yale University. Copyrights belong to the composers and authors, or their legal heirs and assigns.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The collection was established in the Music Library of Yale University by the Estate of Frank Bozyan after 1965.
Arranged alphabetically by composer.
0.25 Linear Feet (1 folder)
Organ music by Frank Bozyan and his friends and colleagues
Biographical / Historical
Hagop Frank Bozyan was born in 1899. He studied organ at the Yale School of Music, where he received the B.M. degree in 1920. He joined the faculty that year, and continued to teach at Yale until 1965, the year of his death.
- Organ Music from the Estate of Frank Bozyan
- Edited Full Draft
- Compiled by Alfred B. Kuhn
- Description rules
- Finding Aid Prepared According To Local Music Library Descriptive Practices
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Gilmore Music Library Repository
120 High Street
PO Box 208240
New Haven CT 06520 US