Choral Octavos by Yale Alumni
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of 178 choral works, nearly all of them composed by alumni of the Yale School of Music; the faculty of the School is also represented. The collection was assembled by Luther Noss and consists primarily of published octavos; some reproductions of manuscript scores are also included.
- Noss, Luther, 1907-1995 (Donor)
- Archer, Violet, 1913-2000
- Barnard, Parke S.
- Bartholomew, Marshall, 1885-1978
- Baumgartner, H. Leroy (Hope Leroy), 1891-1969
- Bingham, Seth, 1882-1972
- Boatwright, Howard, 1918-1999
- Buttolph, David, 1902-1983
- Byles, G. Huntington
- Carr, Arthur George
- Coe, Kenton, 1930-
- Crain, Gordon Ferris
- Davison, John (John H.), 1930-1999
- Di Bonaventura, Sam
- Diemer, Emma Lou, 1927-
- Donovan, Richard, 1891-1970
- Goodman, Joseph, 1918-2014
- Jouard, Paul
- Kraehenbuehl, David
- Lewin, Frank
- Lewis, Harold Merrills, 1908-
- Nagel, Robert, 1924-
- Parker, Horatio W. (Horatio William), 1863-1919
- Pauly, Reinhard G.
- Prince, Philip A.
- Rhea, Arthur D.
- Rockwood, Gay Hylander
- Shackford, Charles
- Sly, Albert
- Smith, David Stanley, 1877-1949
- Stark, Richard B.
- Thomas, Paul, 1919-
- Thorne, Francis, 1922-
- Tuttle, Lloyd B.
- Work, John W. (John Wesley), 1901-1967
- York, David Stanley
Language of Materials
Materials chiefly in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open to researchers by appointment. There are no restricted materials in the collection. Please contact the Special Collections staff to schedule an appointment.
Conditions Governing Use
The collection is the physical property of the Irving S. Gilmore Music Library of Yale University. Copyrights belong to the composers and authors, or their legal heirs and assigns.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The collection was established in the Music Library of Yale University by Luther Noss in 1974.
Arranged alphabetically by composer.
1 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
Choral works by alumni and faculty of the Yale School of Music
- Choral Octavos by Yale Alumni
- Edited Full Draft
- Compiled by Jean Elizabeth Roberts
- Description rules
- Finding Aid Prepared According To Local Music Library Descriptive Practices
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Gilmore Music Library Repository
120 High Street
PO Box 208240
New Haven CT 06520 US