Showing Collections: 41–60 of 730
- American literature -- 20th century 138
- Photographs 115
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 106
- Audiovisual materials 80
- Authors -- United States -- 20th century 77
- Born digital 67
- Photographic prints 62
- Authors 53
- American poetry -- 20th Century 47
- LGBTQ resource 38
- Poets, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 37
- Poets -- United States -- 20th century 33
- Authors, American -- 20th Century 31
- Sound recordings 24
- Poets, American -- 20th century 22
- Scrapbooks 22
- Authors, English -- 19th century 19
- Drawings (visual works) 19
- Authors, American 18
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Archives 18 ∧ less
- French 27
- German 21
- Spanish; Castilian 14
- Italian 9
- Russian 7
- Latin 3
- Dutch; Flemish 2
- Japanese 2
- Polish 2
- Portuguese 2
- Yiddish 2
- Chinese 1
- Choctaw 1
- Cherokee 1
- Danish 1
- Estonian 1
- Finnish 1
- Multiple languages 1
- Norwegian 1 ∧ less
- Pound, Ezra, 1885-1972 18
- Yale University 14
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964 13
- Wilder, Thornton, 1897-1975 13
- Moore, Marianne, 1887-1972 12
- William H. Brown Collection 12
- Bailey, Laura E., 1951- 11
- Wescott, Glenway, 1901-1987 11
- Star Distributors, Ltd 10
- Eliot, T. S. (Thomas Stearns), 1888-1965 9
- Laughlin, James, 1914-1997 9
- Warren, Robert Penn, 1905-1989 9
- Williams, William Carlos, 1883-1963 8
- Hemingway, Ernest, 1899-1961 7
- Stein, Gertrude, 1874-1946 7
- Toklas, Alice B., 1877-1967 7
- West, Rebecca, 1892-1983 7
- William Reese Co. 7
- Babb, James T. (James Tinkham), 1899-1968 6
- Bryher, 1894-1983 6 ∧ less
The papers contain correspondence, business, and legal papers documenting the history of the Beaver Creek Ranch Company. Subjects discussed include the managment of the ranch, cattle drivers, and the responsibilities of ranch owners.
This collection consists of audio and video recordings of concerts, readings, and other events held at the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library.
The collection consists of correspondence, research and writing files, production files, audiocassettes, professional papers, printed material, a computer disk, and other papers, documenting Bellamy's work as an author and editor, as director of the Literature Program of the National Endowment for the Arts, and as editor and publisher of Fiction International magazine.
Writings and correspondence by Arnold Bennett. Correspondence consists of letters by Bennett to others, including 70 to Frank Vernon, and 5 letters to Bennett from John Van Druten, accompanied by carbon typescript copies of Bennett's replies. The Writings include drafts of novels, essays, reviews, and playscripts by Bennett, production notes for the play "Cupid and Commonsense," and a memorandum of agreement concerning the production of the play "The Love Match."
Minute books, invoices, and ledgers kept by the Big Ox Mining and Reduction Company (later Big Ox Mining Company) documenting mining efforts in the Marysville-Silver Creek Mining District of Montana, 1889-1927. Included are two photographs of groups of miners and two volumes of printed stock certificates for the company.
The papers consist of printed material, business records, and photographs that document the Bissell family and the foundations of the American petroleum industry in the 1850s. The collection is bound in seven volumes: two volumes of printed material relating to petroleum and other industries, three volumes of records of the Pennsylvania Rock Oil Company and the Adirondack Pulp Mills that document the creation and early growth of the companies, and two Bissell family photograph albums.
The collection consists of promotional material, including form letters, maps, reprints of newspaper articles, and publications, that describe oil and mining investment opportunities in various Western states, including Texas, Colorado, Arizona, Nevada, and New Mexico, during the time period of the Great Depression. The materials were sent to R. E. Blair as a prospective investor in oil and mining ventures.
The collection consists of documents, correspondence, and drawings by the English artist William Blake and his colleague John Linnell. Included are business and financial documents covering the relationship between Blake and Linnell, a letter from Blake to Linnell, two drawings by Blake, and a portrait of Blake by Linnell. The items were acquired by the library between 1941 and 1973.
The Lesley Blanch Papers contain correspondence, photographs, artwork, and printed material by Lesley Blanch or pertaining her life and work. Also included are personal and business papers related to her writings and estate, as well as a small amount of audio and born digital material.
The collection consists primarily of corrected page proofs and a small amount of correspondence created and compiled during the publication of the fourth edition of Merle Johnson's American First Editions (1942).
The collection includes manuscript music, notes and writings, correspondence, professional papers, printed material, and audiovisual and computer media documenting the career of African American composer and musician Ed Bland.