Showing Collections: 1–20 of 143
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 142
- Manuscripts and Archives 1
- American literature -- 20th century 138
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 74
- Authors -- United States -- 20th century 55
- Audiovisual materials 26
- Authors 25
- Photographic prints 25
- American poetry -- 20th Century 24
- Poets, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 24
- Authors, American -- 20th Century 22
- Born digital 21
- Poets -- United States -- 20th century 20
- Photographs 18
- Poets, American -- 20th century 13
- Sound recordings 13
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Archives 12
- American literature -- 21st century 10
- Authors and publishers -- United States 9
- Authors, American -- 21st century -- Archives 9
- Drawings (visual works) 7
- LGBTQ resource 7 ∧ less
- Spanish; Castilian 5
- French 4
- German 2
- Italian 2
- Danish 1
- Pound, Ezra, 1885-1972 12
- Laughlin, James, 1914-1997 6
- Eliot, T. S. (Thomas Stearns), 1888-1965 5
- Moore, Marianne, 1887-1972 5
- Pound, Dorothy 5
- Warren, Robert Penn, 1905-1989 5
- Wilder, Thornton, 1897-1975 5
- Williams, William Carlos, 1883-1963 5
- Hemingway, Ernest, 1899-1961 4
- Yale University 4
- Alfred A. Knopf, Inc 3
- Benét, Stephen Vincent, 1898-1943 3
- Corman, Cid, 1924- 3
- Edel, Leon, 1907-1997 3
- Herbst, Josephine, 1892-1969 3
- Lauterbach, Ann, 1942- 3
- Miller, Henry, 1891-1980 3
- Phelps, William Lyon, 1865-1943 3
- Stein, Gertrude, 1874-1946 3
- Teasdale, Sara, 1884-1933 3 ∧ less
The collection consists of correspondence, research and writing files, production files, audiocassettes, professional papers, printed material, a computer disk, and other papers, documenting Bellamy's work as an author and editor, as director of the Literature Program of the National Endowment for the Arts, and as editor and publisher of Fiction International magazine.
The Papers consist of correspondence, writings, and other papers that document the life and work of Keith Botsford from the beginning of his career to 1969. Correspondence is both professional and personal, and documents Botsford's writing and editing activity, as well as his involvement in International PEN and the Congress for Cultural Freedom. Writings include corrected typescript and autograph manuscript drafts, proofs and other related material, dating from 1940 to 1967.
This collection contains writings of American author James Purdy, correspondence of Purdy and Dutch printer Jan Erik Bouman, photographs, drawings and a sketchbook by Purdy, ephemera, printed material, and computer media. Writings include typescript drafts of poems, novels, plays, and shorter works by Purdy, as well as published versions of Purdy's poems issued by Bouman's Utrecht-based press Hugin & Munin.
The Besmilr Brigham papers consists of correspondence, writings, notes and drawings, printed material, personal papers, and audiovisual media documenting the life and work of poet Besmilr Brigham. Materials date from 1931 to 2011, with the bulk dating between 1960 and 1990.
The collection documents Edward Killoran Brown's research and writing of Willa Cather, Willa Cather: A Critical Biography. The collection contains correspondence, writings, and research notes.
The Katharine Brush papers consist chiefly of material relating to an unpublished novel by Brush entitled "Lover Come Back". The novel, started in the early 1940s, went through multiple revisions and had a working title of "Story of Sylvia". Materials relating to the work include research files, outlines and synopses, drafts, and supplementary material, such as excerpts, discards, and schedules. The papers also include research files on military topics.
Letters to Gertrude Buckman from various writers, poets, and editors, including John Berryman, James Laughlin, Adrienne Rich, Kurt Vonnegut, and Robert Penn Warren. Letters date from circa 1944-1997 and include a small amount of letters from unidentified correspondents.
The collection contains correspondence, writings, photographs, personal papers, and printed material by or relating to American writer and editor Margaret Anderson and others.
The collection consists of writings and correspondence by or relating to the American novelist LeGrand Cannon. Writings consist of autograph manuscript and typescript drafts of Look to the Mountain, Come Home at Even (also including proofs), and These are Some Stories about Old George Brown. Correspondents include Charles Beecher Hogan, Stephan Stearns, and Donald Wing.