Showing Collections: 1–20 of 160
- American literature -- 20th century 107
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 104
- Authors -- United States -- 20th century 66
- Audiovisual materials 38
- Authors, American -- 20th Century 31
- Born digital 29
- Photographs 26
- Authors 25
- Poets, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 25
- American poetry -- 20th Century 22
- Photographic prints 22
- Poets -- United States -- 20th century 20
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Archives 18
- Authors, American -- 21st century -- Archives 15
- Sound recordings 14
- Authors -- United States -- 21st century 10
- LGBTQ resource 10
- American literature -- 21st century 9
- Authors, American -- 20th century 9
- Publishers and publishing -- United States 9 ∧ less
- French 5
- Spanish; Castilian 5
- German 4
- Italian 2
- Multiple languages 1
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964 7
- Wilder, Thornton, 1897-1975 7
- Hemingway, Ernest, 1899-1961 6
- Pound, Ezra, 1885-1972 6
- Stein, Gertrude, 1874-1946 6
- Corn, Alfred, 1943- 5
- Moore, Marianne, 1887-1972 5
- Wescott, Glenway, 1901-1987 5
- Benét, Stephen Vincent, 1898-1943 4
- Mencken, H. L. (Henry Louis), 1880-1956 4
- Toklas, Alice B., 1877-1967 4
- Warren, Robert Penn, 1905-1989 4
- White, Edmund, 1940- 4
- Corman, Cid, 1924- 3
- Eliot, T. S. (Thomas Stearns), 1888-1965 3
- Elmslie, Kenward, 1929- 3
- Herbst, Josephine, 1892-1969 3
- Laughlin, James, 1914-1997 3
- McClatchy, J. D., 1945-2018 3
- Myles, Eileen, 1949- 3 ∧ less
The collection consists of correspondence, research and writing files, production files, audiocassettes, professional papers, printed material, a computer disk, and other papers, documenting Bellamy's work as an author and editor, as director of the Literature Program of the National Endowment for the Arts, and as editor and publisher of Fiction International magazine.
The Papers consist of correspondence, writings, and other papers that document the life and work of Keith Botsford from the beginning of his career to 1969. Correspondence is both professional and personal, and documents Botsford's writing and editing activity, as well as his involvement in International PEN and the Congress for Cultural Freedom. Writings include corrected typescript and autograph manuscript drafts, proofs and other related material, dating from 1940 to 1967.
The Besmilr Brigham papers consists of correspondence, writings, notes and drawings, printed material, personal papers, and audiovisual media documenting the life and work of poet Besmilr Brigham. Materials date from 1931 to 2011, with the bulk dating between 1960 and 1990.
The collection documents Edward Killoran Brown's research and writing of Willa Cather, Willa Cather: A Critical Biography. The collection contains correspondence, writings, and research notes.
The Wesley Brown papers consists of original and photocopied material related to the writer Wesley Brown. The papers primarily contain the creative writing of Wesley Brown, including novels, plays, poems, short stories, film scripts, correspondence, and reviews related to these writings. The papers also include legal documents related to Wesley Brown’s refusal to be inducted into the armed services in 1972.
The Katharine Brush papers consist chiefly of material relating to an unpublished novel by Brush entitled "Lover Come Back". The novel, started in the early 1940s, went through multiple revisions and had a working title of "Story of Sylvia". Materials relating to the work include research files, outlines and synopses, drafts, and supplementary material, such as excerpts, discards, and schedules. The papers also include research files on military topics.
The C. D. B. Bryan papers, which span from 1976-2000, contain writings, research notes, clippings, interviews, printed material, and other papers by or relating to the life and work of C. D. B. Bryan.
Letters to Gertrude Buckman from various writers, poets, and editors, including John Berryman, James Laughlin, Adrienne Rich, Kurt Vonnegut, and Robert Penn Warren. Letters date from circa 1944-1997 and include a small amount of letters from unidentified correspondents.
The Robert Olen Butler Papers, which span from 1786 to 2017, contain writings in the form of drafts, galley proofs, research, and documentation related to his novels, short stories, and non-fiction. The papers also contain correspondence, clippings, ephemera, and photographs related to Butlers's life and work.
The collection consists of writings and correspondence by or relating to the American novelist LeGrand Cannon. Writings consist of autograph manuscript and typescript drafts of Look to the Mountain, Come Home at Even (also including proofs), and These are Some Stories about Old George Brown. Correspondents include Charles Beecher Hogan, Stephan Stearns, and Donald Wing.
This collection contains writings, photographs, correspondence, journals and other material created by writer, poet, and vicar, Tom Carey. Correspondence and journals contain content related to writers and artists associated with the first and second generations of the New York School, including James Schuyler, Eileen Myles, and John Ashbery.