Showing Collections: 101–120 of 386
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 318
- Manuscripts and Archives 61
- Yale Divinity Library 7
- American literature -- 20th century 120
- Authors 113
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 106
- Authors -- United States -- 20th century 77
- Audiovisual materials 51
- Photographs 48
- Born digital 40
- Photographic prints 33
- Authors, American -- 20th Century 31
- Poets, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 28
- American poetry -- 20th Century 27
- Poets -- United States -- 20th century 24
- Authors, American 23
- Educators 22
- Women authors 21
- Authors, English -- 19th century 19
- Diaries 19
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Archives 18
- English literature -- 20th Century 18
- LGBTQ resource 18 ∧ less
- French 12
- German 12
- Spanish; Castilian 6
- Italian 4
- Russian 4
- Polish 2
- Yiddish 2
- Danish 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Estonian 1
- Finnish 1
- Multiple languages 1
- Swedish 1
- Welsh 1 ∧ less
- Yale University 29
- Pound, Ezra, 1885-1972 12
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964 9
- Wilder, Thornton, 1897-1975 9
- Eliot, T. S. (Thomas Stearns), 1888-1965 8
- Moore, Marianne, 1887-1972 8
- Phelps, William Lyon, 1865-1943 8
- Wilson, Edmund, 1895-1972 8
- Mencken, H. L. (Henry Louis), 1880-1956 7
- Mumford, Lewis, 1895-1990 7
- Stein, Gertrude, 1874-1946 7
- Toklas, Alice B., 1877-1967 7
- Warren, Robert Penn, 1905-1989 7
- Wescott, Glenway, 1901-1987 7
- West, Rebecca, 1892-1983 7
- Yale University Press 7
- Auden, W. H. (Wystan Hugh), 1907-1973 6
- Frankfurter, Felix, 1882-1965 6
- H. D. (Hilda Doolittle), 1886-1961 6
- Hemingway, Ernest, 1899-1961 6 ∧ less
The collection consists of material generated by Curt von Faber du Faur as author, collector, literary historian, curator of the Yale Collection of German Literature, and Yale faculty member. Material comprises writings, including drafts of literary and critical works, articles, lectures, and essays; correspondence; and personal papers.
The John Chipman Farrar Papers consist of correspondence, subject files, manuscripts, personal papers, and printed material relating to the personal and professional life of John Chipman Farrar, and to a lesser degree, his wife Margaret Petherbridge Farrar, between 1916 and 1974. The Papers also document the publishing firms Farrar and Rinehart and Farrar, Straus, and Giroux. A number of authors' correspondence and drafts are included in the Papers.
The collection consists chiefly of writings, with a small amount of correspondence. Writings include drafts of works by Faulkner and writings of others. The correspondence consists of original letters between William Faulkner and the American writer Malcolm Cowley. Also included are papers concerning the Theatre Guild and Richard Meyers production of William Faulkner's play Requiem for a Nun.
Photographic portraits of Native American poets and writers created by Christopher Felver for his book, Tending the Fire: Native Voices and Portraits (University of New Mexico Press, 2017). The collection includes ninety-seven photographs that appear in the work as well as twenty portraits not published in it.
The papers consist almost entirely of bibliographical material, newspaper magazine articles, excerpts from books and news dispatches collected for his proposed work on American literary approaches to the Spanish Civil War. There is also a small amount of correspondence (1954-1960). Important correspondents are Daniel Aaron, Claude G. Bowers, Granville Hicks, Rolfe Humphries, Mark Schorer and F. Jay Taylor.
The collection consists of letters from Rachel Field to Ruth Stanley-Brown Feis and from Field to Prentiss Taylor. Also included in the collection are writings by Field, many with illustrations by Taylor, and original writings and drawings by Taylor.
Chiefly typescripts of both the English and German versions of Otis H. Fisk's (1870-1944) book on the government and legal system of the United States, published in German as Kunde über Amerika (1944). Also in the papers are notes on the constitutions of the states of New York and Oklahoma and various diplomas and certificates.
The Keith Fleming Papers Relating to Edmund White contain manuscripts, research files, biographical material, photographs, sound recordings of interviews, and electronic media created and collected by Fleming while working on the biography Original Youth: The Real Story of Edmund White's Boyhood.
The papers consist of letters to Foster and material relating to the Parkman, Twisleton, and Vaughan families. Correspondents include James Latimer McLane, Jr., Charlton MacVeagh, Ellery Sedgwick, Anne Shiras, and others. Material relating to the Parkman, Twisleton, and Vaughan families include correspondence, financial and legal records, documents, and notebooks.
The collection consists of writings, correspondence, personal papers, and printed material, documenting the work of avant-garde writer and publisher Michael Fraenkel and his publishing company Carrefour Press, as well as the work of his wife Daphne Fraenkel who continued as director of the publishing company after Fraenkel's death and their literary executor Michael Peter Harris.