Showing Collections: 1–3 of 3
- Annotations (Provenance) -- 19th century 1
- Annotations (Provenance) -- 20th Century 1
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance) 1
- Binders' stamps (Binding) -- Bayntun 1
- Book collecting -- United States 1
- English literature -- 18th century -- History and criticism 1
- English literature -- Early modern, 1500-1700 -- History and criticism 1
- Hand-colored illustrations 1
- Learning and scholarship -- United States -- History -- 20th Century 1
- Scholars -- United States 1
- Universities and colleges -- Study and teaching -- United States 1 ∧ less
Call Number: GEN MSS 6
Overview: Contains typescript carbon versions of plays by Gilbert, as well as two letters from Gilbert regarding production of, and royalties on, his plays.
EXTRA-ILLUSTRATIONS IN SAMUEL JOHNSON, LETTERS TO AND FROM THE LATE SAMUEL JOHNSON... (London: A. Strahan and T. Cadell, 1788)
Call Number: GEN MSS VOL 421
Overview: Extra-illustrations in Letters to and from the Late Samuel Johnson... are tipped in throughout the two volumes. The extra-illustrations include letters, engraved portraits, a few tickets and other ephemera, and numerous clippings and manuscript notes by William Dorset Fellowes. They span the years ca. 1746-1847.
Dates: circa 1746-1847
Call Number: OSB MSS 7
Overview: The correspondence concerns the scholarly and collecting interests of James Marshall Osborn. The collection documents his activities as a rare book and manuscript collector, his research in early modern and eighteenth century English literature, and his authorship of several volumes of literary history. Much of the correspondence is with other literary scholars, including F. W. Bateson, James Lowry Clifford, Wilmarth S. Lewis, Maynard Mack. Chauncey Brewster Tinker, and René Wellek.