Showing Collections: 1–4 of 4
- Commonplace books 2
- Great Britain -- Court and courtiers 2
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1660-1688 2
- Legal documents 2
- Anglo-Dutch War, 1664-1667 1
- Budapest (Hungary) -- History -- Siege, 1684 1
- Correspondence 1
- Diplomatic and consular service, British 1
- Diplomats -- Great Britain 1
- Engravings (prints) 1
- Finance, Public -- Great Britain 1
- Formulas, recipes, etc. 1
- Great Britain -- Foreign relations -- 1660-1714 1
- Great Britain -- Foreign relations -- Holy Roman Empire 1
- Great Britain -- History -- Charles II, 1660-1685 1
- Great Britain -- History -- Civil War, 1642-1649 1
- Great Britain -- History -- Commonwealth and Protectorate, 1649-1660 1
- Great Britain -- Officials and employees -- Salaries, etc. 1
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1485-1603 1
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1603-1714 1 ∧ less
[Papers: collection of documents from his papers relating to the Popish Plot]
Call Number: OSBORN FB153
Overview: Collection of seven manuscripts, in multiple hands, concerning the Popish Plot, primarily of testimonies and accusations. The collection contains a letter by an unnamed woman to Coventry promising to deliver to him the names of many priests and Jesuits for a promised reward, as well as Coventry's reply assuring her she will be paid. Other items include a report on the death of Sir Edmund Berry Godfrey; King Charles II's speech to the House of Lords in 1678; a signed statement by Sir John...
Call Number: OSB MSS 5
Overview: The Carlingford papers contain correspondence and diplomatic and other papers, mostly relating to Theobald Taaffe, 1st Earl of Carlingford. 24 letters signed in cipher from Charles II to Carlingford document the King's personal and political activities in the last years of his exile; other correspondence and papers concern Carlingford's diplomatic mission during the second Anglo-Dutch War, including letters by Henry Bennet, Earl of Arlington, Sir William Swan, and Sir William Temple. Other...
Dates: 1651-1764, bulk 1657-1667
Copies of letters to and from Col. William Legge, transcribed from the originals in the possession of William Fourth Earl of Dartmouth, during the years 1816 and 1817, by William, 2nd Lord Bagot.
Call Number: OSBORN FB190
Overview: Autograph MS. Contains copies of 373 letters, illustrated with prints and drawings.
[Parliamentary speeches, debates, etc. and other miscellaneous manuscripts]
Call Number: OSBORN FB159
Overview: Collection of 115 items, bound together in one volume, and written mainly in the hand of John Browne, but with numerous items in other hands. The entries primarily address Parliamentary activities, particularly in the House of Lords, including several extracts from Parliamentary journals; lists of Parliamentary bills; a copy in Browne's hand of King Charles I's speech at dissolving Parliament in 1640; speeches by Charles II; and records of payments to Parliamentary officers. Other items include...
Dates: [15th-17th century]