Showing Collections: 1–5 of 5
- Photographs 4
- South Dakota -- Pictorial works 4
- Dakota Access Pipeline -- Pictorial works 3
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 3
- Photographic prints 3
- Arizona -- Pictorial works 2
- Batesland (S.D.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Black Hills (S.D. and Wyo.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Indians of North America -- Political activity -- Pictorial works 2
- Indians of North America -- Portraits 2
- Interior (S.D.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Kyle (S.D.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Manderson (S.D.) -- Pictorial works 2
- North Dakota -- Pictorial works 2
- Pine Ridge Indian Reservation (S.D.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Potato Creek (S.D.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Protest camps -- North Dakota -- Pictorial works 2
- Protest movements -- North Dakota -- Pictorial works 2
- Standing Rock Indian Reservation (N.D. and S.D.) -- Pictorial works 2 ∧ less
Call Number: WA MSS S-4447
Overview: Drawings and inkjet prints of drawings created by Lakota artists, 2008-2017, as well as art produced by others related to protests against the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline in North Dakota, 2016-2019. Artists represented in the collection include Gilbert Kills Pretty Enemy, III, Quinton Maldonado, Joe Pulliam, and Dwayne Wilcox. It includes 25 original drawings as well as 20 inkjet prints of drawings. More than half of the works created by the artists integrate ledger paper. Six...
Call Number: WA Photos Folio 155
Overview: Inkjet prints of photographs by John Willis that document sites, events, and persons in Arizona, Connecticut, New Mexico, and South Dakota in 2010-2011.
Call Number: WA Photos Folio 186
Overview: Photographs created by John Willis during six trips from September through December 2016 that document a resistance movement based near Cannon Ball, North Dakota, and eastern edge of the Standing Rock Indian Reservation protesting against the Energy Transfer Partners project to construct a petroleum pipeline known as the Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL) at the site and through North Dakota and South Dakota as well as across Iowa into Illinois. The Standing Rock Sioux Tribe led the protest with...
Call Number: WA Photos Folio 213
Overview: Photographs created by John Willis and printed as 98 inkjet color prints that document sites chiefly at South Dakota and the Mexican-American Border Region as well as Nebraska and North Dakota in 2018-2019, although predominantly in 2019.
Call Number: WA Photos Folio 219
Overview: Inkjet prints of photographs by John Willis that document sites and persons at Pine Ridge Indian Reservation and in South Dakota, 2015-2016. Identified locations include Batesland, Black Hills, Kyle, Lost Dog Creek, Manderson, Mount Rushmore, Oglala, Porcupine, Potato Creek, Red Shirt Table, Slim Buttes, Wanblee, and Wounded Knee.