Showing Collections: 1–20 of 46
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 30
- Yale Center for British Art, Rare Books and Manuscripts 8
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History 5
- Medical Historical Library, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library 3
- Drawings (visual works) 38
- Watercolors (paintings) 12
- Correspondence 8
- Photographs 8
- Photographic prints 5
- Art, Modern -- 20th Century 4
- Artists 4
- Connecticut 4
- Engravings (prints) 4
- USA 4
- Etchings (prints) 3
- Field notebooks 3
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 3
- Lithographs 3
- Maps 3
- Northwest, Pacific -- Pictorial works 3
- Oil paintings (visual works) 3
- Sketches 3
- Artists -- Great Britain 2
- Authors 2 ∧ less
- German 4
- French 2
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Yale Peabody Museum 5
- Yale University 5
- Alden, James Madison, 1834-1922 2
- Duchamp, Marcel, 1887-1968 2
- H. D. (Hilda Doolittle), 1886-1961 2
- Hemberger, Armin B., 1896-1974 2
- Jefferson, Thomas, 1743-1826 2
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930 2
- Martineau, Harriet, 1802-1876 2
- Moore, Marianne, 1887-1972 2
- Paxson, E. S., 1852-1919 2
- Rockwell, Cleveland, 1837-1907 2
- Ruskin, John, 1819-1900 2
- Smirke, Robert, 1752-1845 2
- Stenzel, Franz 2
- Stenzel, Kathryn M. (Kathryn Mathison) 2
- Stieglitz, Alfred, 1864-1946 2
- Turner, J. M. W. (Joseph Mallord William), 1775-1851 2
- Villon, Jacques, 1875-1963 2
- Washington, George, 1732-1799 2 ∧ less
The archives of Charles Emerson Beecher including illustrations, catalogs, notes and locality information encompassing his career at Yale, and focusing on his work with fossil invertebrates.
The John Sawyer Brooks Papers contain correspondence, scrapbooks, photographs and drawings, and other papers, most relating to missionaries and mission administration at the Mendi Mission in Sierra Leone, 1851-1859. Also present are papers relating to the Mount Pleasant Mission in Peel Township, Ontario, 1846-1855, and to the Brooks family, 1850s-circa 2000.
The archives of Joseph G. Carter including field notes, photographs and locality information. Much of the material is photographs and drawings used in publications.
The collection comprises eight volumes of designs for the painting of Worcester porcelain and one account book, the work of Henry Taylor (1825-1888), his father James Taylor (1790-1852), and his grandfather William Taylor.
The collection comprises designs, notes & miscellaneous papers relating to buildings and agricultural improvements for Edgeworthstown, Richard Lovell Edgeworth's model village in Ireland, 1796-1815. Most of the designs and notes are by Daniel Augustus Beaufort, father in law of R.L. Edgeworth.
A set of nineteen posters with 112 bust portraits depicting identified men and women, primarily authors, artists, scientists, monarchs, and religious and political leaders from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, with a group of idealized heads illustrating characteristics identified by phrenologists.
The collection comprises material related to the work of Helen Haywood, illustrator of children's books. The material includes drawings, mock-ups, and typed stories.
The collection comprises correspondence, scrapbooks, photographs, prints, drawings, and publications concerning Hubert von Herkomer, and Herkomer's family.
Kristaps J. Keggi was a graduate of Yale and Yale School of Medicine who served as a surgeon during the Vietnam War in 1965-1966. He later became Professor of Orthopaedics at Yale School of Medicine. The collection contains contemporary correspondence, photographs, patient records (restricted), drawings of wound management, later reminiscences, and later drawings and presentation on Keggi's role in deveoping the anterior approach to total hip replacement, 1977-2018.
The collection comprises archival material for projects created by or for the Circle Press, including drawings, plans, experiments, prototypes, texts, correspondence, posters, blocks, plates, cutting and creasing forms, and some wood and metal type.