Showing Collections: 1–6 of 6
- Allan, William, 1782-1850 1
- Austin, Samuel, 1796-1834 1
- Baily, Edward Hodges, 1788-1867 1
- Bicknell, Henry Sanford, 1818-1880 1
- Blake, William, 1757-1827 1
- Boxall, William, Sir, 1800-1879 1
- British Museum 1
- Britton, John, 1771-1857 1
- Burnet, John, 1784-1868 1
- Buss, Robert William, 1804-1875 1
- Callcott, Augustus Wall, 1779-1844 1
- Carr family 1
- Carr, Anna Margaret, 1797-1872 1
- Carr, Harriet, 1829-1889 1
- Carr, Ralph Edward, 1833-1892 (History of the family of Carr of Dunston Hill, Co. Durham) 1
- Carr, Thomas William, 1830-1912 1
- Cattermole, George, 1800-1868 1
- Chalon, Alfred Edward, 1780-1860 1
- Collins, William, 1788-1847 1
- Cooke, Edward William, 1811-1880 1 ∧ less
Call Number: MSS 8
Overview: The collection comprises travel sketches, scrapbooks, and genealogical material concerning the Carr family of Northumberland, England.
Dates: 1699-1981, bulk 1811-1899
Call Number: MSS 10
Overview: This collection comprises an extra-illustrated copy--with many engravings and original manuscript letters--of the second edition of John Thomas Smith's Nollekens and his times, comprehending a life of that celebrated sculptor: and memoirs of several contemporary artists, from the time of Roubillac, Hogarth, and Reynolds, to that of Fuseli, Flaxman, and Blake (London : Henry Colburn, 1829).
Dates: 1708-1875, bulk 1768-1836
James Forbes archive: A voyage from England to Bombay with descriptions in Asia, Africa, and South America
Call Number: MSS 66
Scope and Contents: The collection comprises thirteen manuscript volumes, each of which contains numerous illustrations as well as transcriptions of letters originally composed while Forbes was in India, with a particular concentration on the natural history of India. The manuscript was finished in 1800, although most of the drawings are those done at the time of the voyage, circa 1765-1776. Volume 1 includes a presentation page, dated 11 April 1800, in which Forbes gives the set to his daughter, Elizabeth Rosée...
Dates: circa 1765-1800
Call Number: MSS 72
Scope and Contents: The collection comprises correspondence, scrapbooks, photographs, prints, drawings, and publications concerning Hubert von Herkomer, and Herkomer's family.
Call Number: MSS 16
Overview: The collection comprises ten original sketchbooks, albums, and scrapbooks compiled by Mary Leighton and her children, 1824-1860.
Album of letters to David Roberts, with autographs, engraved portraits, and printed ephemera, compiled by Henry Sanford Bicknell
Call Number: MSS 34
Scope and Contents: The album was compiled by Henry Sanford Bicknell. It includes letters to David Roberts from William Allan, Samuel Austin, Edward Hodges Baily, William Boxall, John Britton, John Burnet, Robert William Buss, Augustus Wall Callcott, George Cattermole, Alfred Edward Chalon, Henry Barnard Chalon, William Collins, Edward William Cooke, George Cooke, Charles West Cope, John Doyle, Thomas Duncan, Charles Lock Eastlake, James Elmes, William Etty, Myles Birket Foster, Andrew Geddes, Frederick Goodall,...
Dates: circa 1813-circa 1864