Showing Collections: 1–7 of 7
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 6
- Yale Center for British Art, Rare Books and Manuscripts 1
- Commonplace books 2
- Correspondence 2
- Diaries 2
- Great Britain -- Court and courtiers 2
- Great Britain -- History -- Civil War, 1642-1649 2
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1625-1649 2
- Aberdulais Falls (Wales) -- Pictorial works 1
- Account books 1
- Bimini Islands (Bahamas) -- Pictorial works 1
- British -- South Africa -- History -- 19th century 1
- Brothers -- Great Britain 1
- Cape of Good Hope (South Africa) -- Description and travel 1
- Cape of Good Hope (South Africa) -- History -- 1795-1872 1
- Castries (Saint Lucia) -- Pictorial works 1
- Coronations -- Great Britain 1
- Diplomats -- Great Britain 1
- England -- Foreign relations -- Scotland 1
- Engravings (prints) 1
- Fort Charlotte (Nassau, Bahamas) -- Pictorial works 1
- Fort Fincastle (Bahamas) -- Pictorial works 1 ∧ less
Call Number: OSB MSS 2
Overview: The papers contain correspondence, newsletters, diplomatic papers, and reports documenting Blathwayt's career and English foreign policy and history in the late 17th and early 18th centuries.
Dates: 1646-1796, bulk 1668-1703
Call Number: OSBORN FB94
Overview: Collection of 28 letters and other documents, many written to John Pym and all concerned with military activities of the Parliamentary army during the English Civil War. Numerous writers request financial assistance, food, clothing, and arms for their soldiers, including Alexander Carew, who asks for money and arms to combat an uprising in Cornwall; Sir William Balfour, who requests back pay for his services as commissary and captain of a troop in Ireland and requests two months' advance for...
Call Number: OSB MSS 168
Overview: The Clinton Papers contain correspondence, letterbooks, financial papers and other material documenting aspects of the lives and military careers of Sir William Henry Clinton (1769-1846) and his brother Sir Henry Clinton (1771-1829). They include hundreds of letters from Henry to William Henry, many written from Spain during the Napoleonic Wars, as well as letters by other members of the Clinton family; journals kept by Sir Henry Clinton, the letterbooks of Sir William Henry Clinton, and...
Call Number: OSBORN FB162
Overview: Subjects include chivalry, tournaments, coronations, and heraldry.
Dates: [16th century]
William Walker Whitehall Johnston photograph album of Wales, the West Indies, and the 1st West India Regiment
Call Number: GEN MSS 887
Overview: Disbound photograph album with images that document people and the built landscape in the West Indies, circa 1859-1865, and views of people and sites in Wales, 1858. The album includes several studio portraits of Johnston, and a studio portrait that probably depicts his father, Thomas Francis Johnston.
Copies of letters to and from Col. William Legge, transcribed from the originals in the possession of William Fourth Earl of Dartmouth, during the years 1816 and 1817, by William, 2nd Lord Bagot.
Call Number: OSBORN FB190
Overview: Autograph MS. Contains copies of 373 letters, illustrated with prints and drawings.
Call Number: MSS 11
Overview: The collection comprises personal diaries, watercolors, and drawings by Robert Provo Norris, most of which were created while he was a soldier stationed on the Cape of Good Hope in South Africa during the Frontier ("Kaffir") Wars of the 1840s and 1850s.