Showing Collections: 1–6 of 6
- Yale Center for British Art, Rare Books and Manuscripts 5
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 1
- Correspondence 4
- Painters -- Great Britain 3
- Painting, British -- 19th century 3
- Art -- Collectors and collecting 2
- Art appreciation 2
- Photography 2
- Albumen prints 1
- Art 1
- Artists -- Great Britain -- Correspondence 1
- Authors, English -- 19th century -- Archives 1
- Bindings (gathered matter components) -- 19th century 1
- Bindings (gathered matter components) -- 20th Century 1
- Commonplace books -- Great Britain -- 19th century 1
- Drawings (visual works) 1
- Drawings (visual works) -- Great Britain -- 19th century 1
- English drama -- 19th century 1
- English literature -- 19th century 1
- English poetry -- 19th century 1
- Engravers -- Great Britain 1
- Engravers -- Great Britain -- Correspondence 1 ∧ less
Call Number: GEN MSS 839
Overview: The Robert Browning and Elizabeth Barrett Browning collection is a mixed-provenance collection of material by and related to Robert Browning and Elizabeth Barrett Browning. Series I, Robert Browning Papers, contains a few manuscripts by him, as well as many letters, most written after 1870. Recipients include Mrs. Bayne; Isabel Jane Blagden; Moncure Conway; Charles Deschamps; Frank Hill; William Charles Macready; Felix Moscheles, and William Wetmore Story. Letters to Browning include an...
Dates: 1835-1906 1850-1889, bulk 1850-1889
Call Number: MSS 56
Overview: The collection comprises letters from Edward Burne-Jones to John Ruskin, written from 1862 to ca. 1889.
Dates: 1862-ca. 1889
Call Number: MSS 47
Overview: The collection comprises 57 letters from Dante Gabriel Rossetti to Ellen Heaton written from 1855 to 1875 (the bulk from 1855 to 1864). The letters primarily pertain to works by Rossetti, including a number of his works commissioned by Heaton. Works referenced include: Beata Beatrix, Beloved, Bethlehem Gate, Dante’s dream at the time of the death of Beatrice, Dante's...
Call Number: MSS 46
Overview: The collection comprises letters from John Ruskin to Ellen Heaton, written from 1855 to 1864.
Dates: 1850-1864, bulk 1855-1864
Call Number: MSS 37
Overview: This collection comprises 53 items, including 42 letters from John Ruskin to John Henry Le Keux, 1 letter from John James Ruskin to John Henry Le Keux, 7 stand-alone sketches related to Le Keux’s engraving work for Ruskin, annotated printed proofs made by Le Keux for Ruskin and 1 letter from Henry W. Acland to John Ruskin which pertains to Le Keux’s work on the frontispiece for Acland and Ruskin’s The Oxford Museum. While the majority of the items are undated, the...
Call Number: MSS 5
Overview: This collection comprises letters sent by John Ruskin to Thomas Goff Lupton (or his family) from 1850 to 1873. It also includes one ALS to Lupton from Benjamin Haydon, sent in 1845.