Showing Collections: 1–20 of 21
- Manuscripts and Archives 19
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 1
- Gilmore Music Library 1
- World War, 1939-1945 6
- Asia 4
- Authors 4
- Diplomats 4
- Journalism 4
- Public officers 4
- World War, 1914-1918 4
- Educators 3
- Europe 3
- Journalists 3
- Latin America 3
- Lawyers 3
- Legislators 3
- Soviet Union 3
- United States -- Foreign relations 3
- United States -- Politics and government 3
- Anti-communist movements 2
- Armed Forces 2
- Bankers 2
- Diaries 2 ∧ less
- Truman, Harry S., 1884-1972 12
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 10
- Roosevelt, Eleanor, 1884-1962 9
- Acheson, Dean, 1893-1971 8
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964 8
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 8
- Yale University 8
- Lippmann, Walter, 1889-1974 7
- Harriman, W. Averell (William Averell), 1891-1986 6
- Baruch, Bernard M. (Bernard Mannes), 1870-1965 5
- Douglas, Paul H. (Paul Howard), 1892-1976 5
- Dulles, Allen, 1893-1969 5
- Kennan, George F. (George Frost), 1904-2005 5
- Lehman, Herbert H. (Herbert Henry), 1878-1963 5
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 5
- Reston, James, 1909-1995 5
- Rockefeller, Nelson A. (Nelson Aldrich), 1908-1979 5
- Stevenson, Adlai E. (Adlai Ewing), 1900-1965 5
- Wilson, Woodrow, 1856-1924 5 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored onsite and offsite 11
- Stored offsite 10
The collection consists of autographed correspondence, printed material, and photographs of government figures such as Woodrow Wilson, Harry S. Truman, Dwight D. Eisenhower, and their colleagues. Printed material and ephemera pertaining to the United Nations Conference on International Organization, San Francisco, 1945, is included in the collection.
The papers consist of correspondence, speeches, writings, photographs, clippings, oral history interviews, and other material documenting the personal life and professional career of Chester Bowles. Bowles' political career in Connecticut and his service as ambassador to India are detailed, as is his work as a foreign policy advisor, chairman of the Democratic Platform Committee at the 1960 national convention, and author and speaker on political affairs.
The papers consist of correspondence, government documents, writings, speeches, photographs, research materials, printed matter, motion picture film, and other material which document William C. Bullitt's career as a diplomat and journalist and his personal and family life.
The collection consists of correspondence and legal documents bearing the signatures of United States presidents, vice-presidents, cabinet members, and other historical figures. Portraits and photographs of the presidents complete the collection.
The Frederick and Rose Plaut Papers consist mainly of photographs taken by the German-American recording engineer and photographer Frederick Plaut (1907-1985). Correspondence and other papers relating to Plaut and his wife are also included.
The papers consist of correspondence, diaries, memoranda, notes, writings, clippings, and subject files documenting the personal life and professional career of Harold Phelps Stokes. His interests in United States foreign policy and domestic politics, the Alger Hiss case, the Paris Peace Conference, New York City politics and government, prison reform, and journalism are documented. Stokes corresponded with many prominent American political and social figures.
The collection consists of letters of thirty-five presidents of the United States from George Washington to Lyndon B. Johnson. Each is represented by one letter written in office and one written after leaving office. There are also fifteen other letters either written by a United States president or relating to a United States president.
The Walter White and Poppy Cannon Papers document the careers and lives of Walter White and Poppy Cannon and span the dates 1910 to 1956. The Papers contain correspondence, writings, other papers, and photographs documenting Walter White's career as the Secretary for the N.A.A.C.P. and as a writer. Poppy Cannon's career as an editor, writer, and publicity consultant is also documented in the Papers.