Showing Collections: 1–20 of 23
- Lewis Walpole Library 15
- Manuscripts and Archives 4
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 3
- Medical Historical Library, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library 1
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 18th century 3
- Correspondence 2
- Financial records 2
- Invoices 2
- Photograph albums 2
- Social networks -- Great Britain 2
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- Account books 1
- Aerial photographs 1
- Aeronautics 1
- Air pilots 1
- Albums (Books) 1
- Annotations (Provenance) -- 19th century 1
- Annotations (Provenance) -- 20th Century 1
- Architect-designed houses -- Connecticut 1
- Architects 1
- Architecture 1
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance) 1
- Art -- Collectors and collecting -- Great Britain 1
- Art auctions 1 ∧ less
- French 5
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- German 1
- Italian 1
- Latin 1
- Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 5
- Yale University 5
- Lewis Walpole Library 4
- Lewis, Annie Burr Auchincloss, 1902-1959 4
- MacLeish, Archibald, 1892-1982 4
- Seymour, Charles, 1885-1963 4
- Acheson, Dean, 1893-1971 3
- Chapman, R. W. (Robert William), 1881-1960 3
- Du Deffand, Marie de Vichy Chamrond, marquise, 1697-1780 3
- Hudson, Elizabeth 3
- Jennings, Annie Burr, 1855-1939 3
- Miss Porter's School (Farmington, Conn.) 3
- Atterbury, Grosvenor, 1869-1956 2
- Bacon, Leonard, 1887-1954 2
- Bennett, Charles H. (Charles Hodges), 1906- 2
- Chamberlain, Samuel, 1895-1975 2
- Coffin, Henry Sloane, 1877-1954 2
- Delano, William Adams, 1874-1960 2
- Frankfurter, Felix, 1882-1965 2 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored onsite 19
- Stored onsite and offsite 2
- Stored offsite 2
British Theatrical and Literary Prints is a collection of eighteenth- and nineteenth-century engravings and etchings depicting scenes and characters from 267 plays and stories by 112 authors that were published in England and Ireland during those two centuries. The prints are generally small in format—octavo or quarto in size—and most were extracted from publications.
Contains typescript carbon versions of plays by Gilbert, as well as two letters from Gilbert regarding production of, and royalties on, his plays.
EXTRA-ILLUSTRATIONS IN SAMUEL JOHNSON, LETTERS TO AND FROM THE LATE SAMUEL JOHNSON... (London: A. Strahan and T. Cadell, 1788)
Extra-illustrations in Letters to and from the Late Samuel Johnson... are tipped in throughout the two volumes. The extra-illustrations include letters, engraved portraits, a few tickets and other ephemera, and numerous clippings and manuscript notes by William Dorset Fellowes. They span the years ca. 1746-1847.
The collection contains correspondence, personal and family papers, and financial records that document the life, interests, and work of the American philanthropist Annie Burr Auchincloss Lewis (1902-1959).
The correspondence concerns the scholarly and collecting interests of James Marshall Osborn. The collection documents his activities as a rare book and manuscript collector, his research in early modern and eighteenth century English literature, and his authorship of several volumes of literary history. Much of the correspondence is with other literary scholars, including F. W. Bateson, James Lowry Clifford, Wilmarth S. Lewis, Maynard Mack. Chauncey Brewster Tinker, and René Wellek.
The collection consists of letters sent to George Selwyn by nearly one hundred friends, associates, and family members; they range in content from short formal notes of invitation to long and descriptive letters from friends in his social and political circles. Also present are five letters written by Selwyn to colleagues and unidentified recipients.
A collection of 18th- and 19th-century prints, mostly extracted from publications, arranged geographically.
The collection contains correspondence and research materials related to publications on Horace Walpole edited by Helen Toynbee and Paget Toynbee, as well as press clippings documenting the reception of their work.
The collection includes approximately 3,000 letters to and from Horace Walpole as well as other manuscript materials by him, including copies of Aedes Walpolianae and The Mysterious Mother, his commonplace books, his "Books of Materials," and various miscellanies.