Showing Collections: 1–8 of 8
- United States -- Politics and government 4
- Europe 2
- Gold standard 2
- Journalists 2
- Latin America 2
- Politicians 2
- United States -- Foreign relations 2
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th Century 2
- Aeronautics -- History 1
- Anti-communist movements 1
- Bankers 1
- Children -- Institutional care 1
- China -- Economic conditions -- 1912-1949 1
- Clergy 1
- Colombia -- Foreign relations 1
- Connecticut 1
- Connecticut -- Politics and government 1
- Costa Rica -- Foreign relations 1
- Currency question 1
- Depressions -- 1929 1 ∧ less
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964 4
- Hull, Cordell, 1871-1955 4
- Butler, Nicholas Murray, 1862-1947 3
- Coolidge, Calvin, 1872-1933 3
- Daniels, Josephus, 1862-1948 3
- Fisher, Irving, 1867-1947 3
- Hughes, Charles Evans, 1862-1948 3
- Kellogg, Frank B. (Frank Billings), 1856-1937 3
- McAdoo, W. G. (William Gibbs), 1863-1941 3
- Morrow, Dwight W. (Dwight Whitney), 1873-1931 3
- Taft, William H. (William Howard), 1857-1930 3
- Wilson, Woodrow, 1856-1924 3
- Yale University 3
- Baker, Ray Stannard, 1870-1946 2
- Baruch, Bernard M. (Bernard Mannes), 1870-1965 2
- Berle, Adolf A., Jr., 1895-1971 2
- Churchill, Winston, 1874-1965 2
- Danaher, John Anthony, 1899- 2
- Dulles, Allen, 1893-1969 2 ∧ less
Call Number: MS 66
Abstract: Correspondence, speeches, writings, subject files, printed matter, and clippings of the Hartford and Connecticut chapters of the CDAAA, an anti-isolationist organization formed for the purpose of influencing public opinion and lobbying in favor of U.S. assistance to the Allied powers. The principal figures of this organization represented in the collection are Walter E. Batterson, Eleanor Taft Tilton, and H. M. Dadourian. There is also material relating to John Danaher and the...
Call Number: MS 157
Abstract: Correspondence, writings, biographical sketches, correspondence of his wife, Evelyn Atwater Cummins, clippings, photographs, and memorabilia of Alexander G. Cummins. Correspondence makes up the largest part of the papers and is largely concerned with church matters in which he took a strong low church position.The papers show advocacy of Ernest M. Stires and Herbert Shipman in church elections and his defense of Lee W. Heaton of Texas who was charged with heresy. Many of the letters refer to...
Call Number: MS 281
Abstract: Correspondence, memoranda, speeches, press releases, clippings, printed matter, photographs, and memorabilia documenting Hilles' activities as secretary to President Taft (1911-1913), as chairman and committeeman to the Republican National Committee (1912-1937) and as Assistant Secretary of the Treasury (1909-1911). His correspondence as Taft's secretary is of special importance as being originally part of the President's office files. His work as administrator of the Ohio Industrial School...
Call Number: MS 5
Abstract: The papers consist of official, personal, and business correspondence, articles, speeches, clippings, recordings, photographs, and other papers of Arthur Bliss Lane, career diplomat, public servant, and lecturer. The papers reflect Lane's diplomatic career from the time he entered the service in Rome (1916), until his resignation as Ambassador to Poland (1947), and contain correspondence from international political figures. Also included are materials relating to his work on behalf of...
Call Number: MS 1030
Abstract: Chiefly correspondence (1917-1960) between Leffingwell and colleagues in banking and the legal profession, and with important American and British government officials on contemporary economic and political events. Following his service in the Department of the Treasury (1917) where he helped to float the Liberty Loan, Leffingwell continued to correspond with his colleagues, S. Parker Gilbert and Albert Rathbone, as well as Carter Glass, Secretary of the Treasury (1918-1920). As a partner in...
Call Number: MS 374
Abstract: Corrrespondence, writings, notes, printed materials, clippings, photographs, financial papers, and memorabilia of Byron R. Newton, journalist and official in the Democratic Party. The papers relate largely to Democratic Party politics from 1910-1933, though there is also material relating to the early history of aviation in this country. Correspondents of note include Newton D. Baker, Charles W. Fairbanks, William G. McAdoo, William F. McCombs, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Theodore Roosevelt,...
Call Number: MS 421
Abstract: The papers include correspondence, manuscripts, research notes, newspaper clippings, and teaching materials which document the career of James Harvey Rogers. The correspondence documents Rogers's academic appointments, research, participation in formulating economic policies for the New Deal, his post as American representative to the Economic Committee of the League of Nations, and his trip to China, Japan, and India in 1934 as a representative of the U.S. Treasury to study the silver...