Showing Collections: 1–20 of 29
- American literature -- 20th century 12
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 9
- Authors 7
- Photographic prints 6
- Poets 5
- Poets, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 5
- Authors -- United States -- 20th century 4
- Little magazines 4
- Poets -- United States -- 20th Century 4
- Dial (Chicago, Ill.) 3
- Editors 3
- Imagist poetry 3
- Modernism (Art) 3
- Modernism (Literature) 3
- Poets, American -- 20th century 3
- Publishers and publishing 3
- American fiction -- 20th Century 2
- American poetry -- 20th Century 2
- Americans -- France -- History -- 20th Century 2
- Art, Modern -- 20th Century 2 ∧ less
- French 1
- German 1
- Multiple languages 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Williams, William Carlos, 1883-1963 12
- Eliot, T. S. (Thomas Stearns), 1888-1965 11
- Cummings, E. E. (Edward Estlin), 1894-1962 9
- Pound, Ezra, 1885-1972 9
- H. D. (Hilda Doolittle), 1886-1961 8
- McAlmon, Robert, 1896-1956 6
- Porter, Katherine Anne, 1890-1980 6
- Wescott, Glenway, 1901-1987 6
- Kirstein, Lincoln, 1907-1996 5
- Laughlin, James, 1914-1997 5
- Pearson, Norman Holmes, 1909-1975 5
- Aldington, Richard, 1892-1962 4
- Dos Passos, John, 1896-1970 4
- Gregory, Horace, 1898-1982 4
- Hemingway, Ernest, 1899-1961 4
- Joyce, James, 1882-1941 4
- Monroe, Harriet, 1860-1936 4
- Wilson, Edmund, 1895-1972 4
- Zukofsky, Louis, 1904-1978 4 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored onsite and offsite 14
- Stored offsite 12
- Stored onsite 3
William Rose Benét Papers
The William Rose Benét papers consist of correspondence, manuscripts, printed material, and personal and family papers documenting the life and work of American author and editor William Rose Benét. The collection spans the years 1847 to 1957, with the bulk of the collection dating from roughly 1900 to 1950.
Collection material is chiefly in English; with some material in French, Italiana, Russian, and Hebrew.
Cleanth Brooks papers
The Cleanth Brooks Papers contain correspondence, manuscripts of books, textbooks, essays, lectures, and various other shorter works, classroom material, professional papers, writings of others, and personal papers which document aspects of the life and career of Cleanth Brooks.
Gladys Campbell papers
The Gladys Campbell Papers contain correspondence, writings, and other papers that document the work of the poet Gladys Campbell and other members of the University of Chicago Poetry Club, as well as her relationships with other poets. The papers also contain writings of George Dillon, Charles Bell, Janet Lewis, Maurice Lesemann, Naomi Clark, and Morton Zabel. The papers span the years 1914 to 1995.
Kathleen Foster Campbell papers
The Kathleen Foster Campbell Papers consist of correspondence, writings and printed materials that document the relationship between Kathleen Foster Campbell and friends from the University of Chicago Poetry Club, as well as her writings and writings of others. The papers span the years 1924 to 1992.
Josephine Boardman Crane papers
The collection consists of correspondence, diaries, event files, and personal papers that document Josephine Boardman Crane's role as a socialite, patron, and philanthropist. These materials record Crane's daily activities, including a broad range of cultural events and numerous social contacts.
Michael De Lisio and Irving Drutman Papers
Dial/Scofield Thayer papers
Alyse Gregory papers
The collection consists chiefly of correspondence, with smaller amounts of diaries, writings, notebooks, artworks, photographs, and other personal papers. Also present are papers of others closely associated with Gregory, including papers of Llewelyn Powys; writings of John Cowper Powys and Edna St. Vincent Millay; and diaries of Gertrude Powys. Accompanying these is a small amount of correspondence and notes of Rosemary Manning, concerning Gregory's papers.
Marsden Hartley collection
H. D. Papers
Hound & Horn records
Matthew Josephson papers
The papers contain correspondence, journals, subject files, and writings that document Josephson's life and provide information on the subjects of his research.
Margaret Marshall papers
The papers contain personal correspondence, correspondence concerning The Nation and the American Men of Letters series, drafts of her autobiography and other writings, and personal papers.
Robert McAlmon papers
The Robert McAlmon Papers consist of letters to McAlmon from literary friends, including William Carlos Williams, Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Gertrude Stein; manuscripts of several of his writings; and a small quantity of photographs and related papers.
Glenway Wescott and Monroe Wheeler collection of Marianne Moore
The collection contains miscellaneous manuscript items, notes, and ephemera related to Moore which were found among the Wescott and Wheeler papers.
Dorothy Norman papers
Norman Holmes Pearson Collection of “Art for the Wrong Reason”
George Plank papers
The papers contain correspondence with artistic and literary friends, Plank art work, art work of others, writings of friends, and a small quantity of personal papers. Prominent correspondents include H. D., Sylvia Townsend Warner, and Patrick White.